To keep your payment records in one place, you can use the Square Point of Sale app to track cash, cheques, gift cards from third-party services and other types of payments. There’s no fee to accept other tender types. When you accept other tender types, Square doesn’t process any funds and functions only as an organisational tool.** Money for these transactions are exchanged directly between you and your customer and will not be deposited by Square.**
Accept Cash, Cheques, Third-Party Gift Cards and Other Tender on a Tablet
- Enter the amount of the payment or select a preset item to add to the current sale.
- Tap Charge.
- Select a Fast Cash amount or tap Custom > Tender. If you’re using a mobile device connected to a cash drawer, your cash drawer will automatically open when you tap Tender.
- You can also tap Other Payment Method and select the appropriate form of payment and add an optional note.
- If you’d like to accept multiple forms of tender for a single transaction, use Split Tender.
- Allow your customer to enter their phone number or email address to select a receipt option. If your mobile device is connected to a receipt or kitchen printer, you also can print a receipt and kitchen ticket.
- You’ll see a final screen that reads All Done after the payment completes.
Accept Cash, Cheques, Third-Party Gift Cards and Other Tender on Smartphones
- Enter a custom sale amount or add items to your current sale.
- Tap Charge.
- Select the appropriate form of payment: Cash or Other. If you select cash, you’ll be prompted to enter the amount.
- Tap Tender. The next screen will calculate any change due.
Troubleshooting Uncompleted Payments
If you accept Cash or Other Tender without an Internet connection, the payments will be recorded in the Transactions section of the app as offline payments.
When your Wi-Fi or data service is restored, the payments will complete processing and will be recorded in both the Transactions section of your Square Point of Sale App and in the Transactions tab in your Square Dashboard. Receipts associated with these payments will be sent to their recipients at this time.