To make sure the Square app runs smoothly, update to the latest version of software available for your device. After you’ve updated your software, download the latest version of the Square app for the newest features and fixes.
Note: If you are using an iPad in your Square Stand, ensure your device software is updated iOS 11.4.1. We are aware of an issue that disrupts the connection between Square Stand on earlier versions of iOS 11.4 and worked with Apple to resolve this.
Update Software on an iOS Device
- Plug your device into a power source.
- From the device’s home screen, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
For more information on updating your iOS, visit Apple’s Support site.
Update Software on an Android Device
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap ** About** > System Updates or Software Updates and choose to update to the latest software version.
Note: The process to update software is different for each Android device. Instructions for updating software on your specific device should be available on Google’s Android Support page.