With Delegated Employee Management, you can give your managers the ability to manage your current employees, including roles, while limiting their access to sensitive account information like bank account and tax details.
Employees with the Manage Employees permission enabled can:
- View permissions associated with each role
- Assign new and existing employees to roles and locations they’ve been given access to manage
- Edit employee information for roles
Changes to permissions within roles can only be edited by an Owner or Administrator.
Create a New Role With Manage Employee Permission
To create a new employee role that allows you to delegate Employee Management:
- From Permissions in your online Square Dashboard, select Create Role.
- Check the box next to each permission you’d like to enable for this role.
Toggle on Access Dashboard and select Manage Employees.
Select which roles this employee can manage and Save to confirm this Employee Role.
Invite Employee to Manage Employees at Multiple Locations
To invite a new employee with delegated Employee Management access:
- From the Employees tab of your online Square Dashboard, select Create New Employee.
- Fill in employee information, including locations where this employee will have access to manage.
- Select this new role to manage employees and Save.
Update an Existing Employee Role to Manage Employees
- From Permissions in your online Square Dashboard, select an existing role to update.
- Select Manage Employees under the Access Dashboard section.
- Select which roles this employee can manage and Save to confirm this Employee Role.
Note: After updating the employee role, any employees currently assigned to the existing employee role will now have the ability to manage employees at their locations.
Assign Manage Employees Permission to Existing Employee
- From the Employees tab of your online Square Dashboard, select an existing employee.
- Click on existing role and select the newly created role from dropdown menu.
- Confirm employee information and select Save.
Accept Invitation to Manage Employees
Invited employees will receive an invitation via email and will be able to create an account to manage employees.
- Select Create My Account from the invitation email.
- Enter and confirm email address and password.
- Select Create Account.
Learn more about getting started with Employee Management.