Fresh KDS and Square
Fresh KDS is a Square-compatible kitchen display system that can be used with or in place of order ticket printers. Install the Fresh KDS app on a compatible iOS or Android tablet to display current orders in your kitchen.
Get Started with Fresh KDS
- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Apps, or visit the Fresh KDS website.
- On your dashboard, click Get Started next to Fresh KDS.
- Create an account with Fresh KDS.
- Select your subscription plan.
- Install the Fresh KDS app from on your display tablet.
- Connect your display tablet to Square Point of Sale, just like setting up a kitchen ticket printer, to send order tickets to the Fresh KDS app. Make sure the devices running the Square Point of Sale app and the Fresh KDS app are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Note: If you manage multiple locations from your Square account, you’ll need to enable this app for each location you wish to use this with integration.
Fresh KDS requires a monthly subscription. When you select your preferred subscription plan from the Fresh KDS website, you’ll be navigated to Square to enter your billing information. Square accepts all major payment cards with a Visa, MasterCard, American Express, or Discover logo.
While your billing information for Fresh KDS is managed through your Square account, Fresh KDS features, services, and plan changes are managed through Fresh KDS directly. Head to your Fresh KDS account if you need to upgrade or downgrade your subscription plan.
Fresh KDS recommends the following tablets for running their application:
- Nexus 10
- Samsung Galaxy Tab 4
- Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- Nvidia Shield tablet
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 4
- 9.7” iPad Pro
- 10.5” iPad Pro
- 12.9” iPad Pro 1st generation
- 12.9” iPad Pro 2nd generation
Troubleshoot Wi-Fi Issues
The Square Point of Sale and Fresh KDS integration requires a strong Wi-Fi signal to function properly. A weak Wi-Fi network configuration can cause:
- A printer (or kitchen display system) to disconnect from the Square Point of Sale app.
- A printer not to appear within the Square Point of Sale app.
- Some order tickets not to be sent to the desired printer or kitchen display.
Some Square merchants have found the following troubleshooting tips helpful:
- If you share your network with many devices, create a separate Wi-Fi network using a dual band router.
- Create a Wi-Fi bridge to amplify your Wi-Fi signal.
- If you’re using an old router, replace it. Old routers may start to malfunction and cause issues with your network connectivity.
- Contact an IT specialist, such as Boomtown. Boomtown provides remote and onsite tech support for businesses and can help further troubleshoot connectivity issues.
If you have additional questions, contact us.