Make sure you have everything you need to sign up for Square online or in app. If you have multiple businesses, you can set up individual accounts for each business.
Sign Up Online
- Go to squareup.com and click Get Started.
- Enter and confirm your email address, create a password, select your country, and click Create Account.
- Enter your business: business type, name, and business contact information, including your name and address. Click Continue.
- Download the Square Point of Sale app for your mobile device from the Apple App store or Google Play.
- Click Sign In to create items, configure your taxes, manage employee access, and customize your business settings.
Sign Up In App
- Make sure you’ve downloaded Square Point of Sale to your mobile device.
- Tap Create Account to start the activation process.
- Enter and confirm your email address, create a password, and select your country.
- Tap “Continue to squareup.com” to finalize your account online.
- Select your business type, enter your business name, contact, and address information. Tap Continue.
Once you’ve completed signup, you can start using the Square Point of Sale app immediately to record card, cash, check, and other tender payments and provide your customers with email receipts.
For a more comprehensive look at the many features available within Square Point of Sale, view the full Square Point of Sale Guide.