Item Variants or Price Points
Price points offer quick access to item variants, such as sizes, colours or SKUs. When processing a sale, item variants will display as options in the Square Point of Sale app and on your online store.
Also, once you’ve set up your item unit types and precision, you can create an item variation to be sold in either whole or decimal quantities.
Unlike item modifiers, which are usually used for food (toppings, add ons or special requests) – variants or price points will reduce your inventory count if you’ve enabled inventory management. Keep in mind: Item modifiers will not reduce your inventory levels.
Add Item Price Points in the Square Point of Sale App
From an iOS device:
- Tap the list icon on the bottom navigation bar to access your item library.
- Tap Edit > + to add a new item. If you want to add price points to an existing item, tap the item in question.
Tap the arrow in the Price field to add additional price points.
- Tap the back arrow and then tap Save.
From an Android device:
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the top-left corner > Items.
- Select All Items > Create Item, or tap an existing item you’d like to modify.
- Tap Add New Price Point to enter details.
- Tap the back arrow and tap Save.
Note: If you leave the price blank, you’ll create a variable price point, which will prompt you to enter an amount at the time of sale.
Add Item Price Points Online
- Visit Items in your online dashboard and click Create Item or select an item from the list.
- Add additional price points by entering a name, price and SKU. If Inventory is enabled, you can add an In Stock quantity for each variation.
- Click Save.