We want your event to run as smoothly as possible.
To ensure a great, seamless experience, we recommend reviewing the following tips:
- A strong internet connection is best, but you can also process payments in Offline Mode should you experience any issues with connectivity.
- Practice swiping with the Square Reader. Learn more about swiping.
- Learn how multiple people can accept payments on one account.
- Learn how to create and manage Employees.
- Learn how to process refunds.
- Learn how to print receipts.
- Learn how to connect a cash drawer to Square Point of Sale.
While urgent issues do not happen often, these situations can be handled in a few ways:
- In the event of a declined card, have your customer contact their card-issuing bank for more information on how to proceed.
- If you have trouble swiping, try our Square Reader swiping tips.
- If you believe your reader is broken, you can order a new one from within your Square Dashboard.
- If you need another reader quickly, you can purchase one at a local retail store.
- If you’re having trouble signing in, you can reset your password online.