We want your event to run as smoothly as possible. Review the tips below to make sure you feel prepared and comfortable using Square, so you can enjoy yourself and focus on connecting with your customers:
- Find out if you’ll have an internet connection on location. A strong internet connection is necessary to process payments.
- Make sure you’re using the most recent version of the Square app on your device to access the latest fixes and features.
- Read up on how to accept chip and pin, contactless and international card payment with the Square Reader.
- It may also be helpful to review how to manually accept payments without a reader.
- If you need to refund a payment, you can do so from the app or online.
- You can connect a receipt printer and cash drawer to Square Point of Sale to print receipts and manage your cash.
While urgent issues don’t happen often, here are some general troubleshooting tips that could help in these situations:
- If a customer’s card is declined, review these payment troubleshooting tips or have your customer contact their card-issuing bank for more information on how to proceed.
- If you’re having trouble connecting to the reader, try these troubleshooting tips.
- If you’re having trouble signing in, learn how to reset your password online.
- If an employee forgets their register passcode, you can reset it from your online Square Dashboard.