Customise your Square app settings to accept tips electronically when your customers pay by card. All tip amounts are viewable from your payment history.
Enable Tipping In-App
- Access your in-app settings by tapping: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Settings > Tipping.
- Toggle Collect Tips to on.
Select between Smart Tip or Custom Tip amounts.
Smart Tip Amounts
When Smart Tip Amounts is turned on, tipping works as follows:
- If a transaction is less than $10, the available tipping options are: No Tip, $1, $2 or $3.
- For a transaction $10 or more, the available tipping options are: No Tip, 5%, 10% or 20%.
Custom Tip Amounts
Enabling percentage amounts allows you to set three custom amounts, which you can adjust at any time. To create custom tipping amounts:
- Tap Set Percentage Amounts within your tipping settings.
- Tap each amount field to enter your custom percentage.
- To allow your customers to enter a tip amount of their choosing, toggle Allow Custom Amounts to on.
Note: Setting your fixed percentage amounts to 0% will only give your customers the ability to enter a custom tip amount.
You will need to select if you would like your tips to be added before or after your taxes have been applied to the sale.