Passcodes allow your employees to log into the Square app without an email address or password on any device paired to your business location. Once logged in, your staff can accept payments that will appear on their individual sales report.
With Passcode Access enabled, anyone using Square and logged in to their account, will be prompted to enter the passcode whenever selected features are accessed.
Create a new Employee Point of Sale Passcode
- From your Employee List, click the name of the employee.
- Click Assign New Passcode.
Note: Make sure to keep this passcode for your records and provide it to your employee. Each passcode is unique per employee – this is how they’ll access the Square app on any device that is paired to your business location via a device code.
Sign In/Out with an Employee Point of Sale Passcode
- From the Square app, sign in by entering your passcode using the keypad.
- When successfully signed in, your initials will appear in the bottom-right.
- To sign out, tap on your initials.
When your employees are using passcodes, you can choose how long they can be inactive before being logged out. To do so, visit Employee Management in your Square app settings. Tap Employee Point of Sale Permissions and select a time-out option.
Disable Employee Point of Sale Passcodes in your Point of Sale App.
Once you have Employee Management enabled in your Point of Sale app, you have the ability to disable it at anytime.
- Tap the following icon in the navigation bar:
- Tap Settings > Employee Management
- Toggle off Enable Employee Passcode Access
Enable Guest Point of Sale Access
With Guest Point of Sale Access, anyone can accept payments while logged into your account without needing a passcode. To set permissions for anyone accepting payments as a guest:
- Visit Permissions in your online Square Dashboard.
- Select Edit Guest Point of Sale Access > select the permissions you’d like guests to have. If anyone accepting payments as a guest tries to access an area you haven’t selected, they’ll need a manager passcode to proceed.
- Click Save Settings.
Once you have Guest Point of Sale Access enabled, your account will automatically be in Guest Mode when you sign in. You’ll need to enter a passcode to enter restricted areas.