Square Marketing allows merchants to send promotions, announcements, event invitations, and even coupons to their customers.
Receiving Merchant’s Marketing Emails
A Square merchant can send you a Marketing email if you provided them with your email address through specific channels, including:
- Recording the email address when booking through Square Appointments.
- Communicating with the merchant via email.
- Email collection through a website or online purchase.
- Providing your email address on paper and pencil.
- Entering your email address when receiving a digital receipt.
Square merchants will then have your email address saved in their Customer Directory.
Unsubscribe From a Merchant’s Marketing Emails
To unsubscribe from a Square merchant’s email marketing you can select Unsubscribe from the footer of the email you received from them.
To opt out from all Square Marketing and Receipts, you will need to unsubscribe from Receipts as well. To do so:
- From the emailed receipt you received, click Not your receipt?
- Select Automatically send me Square digital receipts except for….
- Then select Do not automatically send me any digital receipts to stop all automatic receipts from all Square merchants.
After unsubscribing, you won’t be automatically resubscribed to future digital receipts.
Note: If the seller added your email address manually to their Customer Directory, they will need to delete it from there as well.