Square Marketing allows merchants to send promotions, announcements, event invitations, and even coupons to their customers.
Receiving Merchant’s Marketing Emails
A Square merchant can send you a Marketing email if you provided them with your email address through specific channels, including but not limited to:
- Recording the email address when booking through Square Appointments.
- Communicating with the merchant via email.
- Email collection through a website or online purchase.
- Providing your email address on paper and pencil.
- Entering your email address when choosing to receive a digital receipt.
Square merchants will then have your email address saved in their Customer Directory.
If you’ve previously entered your email address at a Square merchant to receive a digital receipt, when you purchase from other Square merchants they will be able to email you for up to a year after your latest purchase. However, they will not have your actual email address.
Unsubscribe From a Merchant’s Emails
Unsubscribe From a Merchant’s Marketing Emails
To unsubscribe from a Square merchant’s email marketing you can select Unsubscribe from the footer of the email you received from them.
Unsubscribe From a Merchant’s Receipts
You can opt out from receiving digital receipts from a Square merchant directly from your email:
- From the bottom of your emailed receipt, click Manage Preferences.
- Select Don’t automatically send me any digital receipts.