Connect Recommended Hardware to Square Register
Square Register makes it easy to connect compatible cash drawers, receipt printers, and barcode scanners. To start, be sure your Square Register is connected to the USB hardware hub, plugged into a power outlet, and powered on.
Connect Hardware to Square Register
- Ensure that your Square Register is connected to the USB hardware hub, power adapter and power adapter cable.
- When a piece of hardware is properly connected, Square Register will confirm with an on screen notification as well as with an audio indication.
To test your cash drawer and receipt printer:
- Tap the down arrow at the top of Square Register to activate the Menu.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to Hardware and tap the hardware you’d like to test from the list (e.g., Cash Drawers, Printers).
From here, you’ll see your USB connected printers, cash drawers and barcode scanners, and/or network connected printers.
Learn more about connecting a receipt printer to your Square Register:
Troubleshoot the USB Bar code Scanner:
If you have any trouble connecting your bar code scanner to Square Register. Please give the following troubleshooting tips a try:
- Make sure Square Register is plugged into the USB accessories hub, and the hub is plugged into a power adaptor. Ensure the power adaptor is plugged into an outlet.
- Clear the Square Register USB accessory port of debris and dust.
- Plug the bar code scanner into a different port on the USB accessories hub.
If you connect your bar code scanner and you receive the error message “USB DEVICE IS NOT COMPATIBLE”, you’ll need to reset your bar code scanner