What is an Automatic Receipt?
After your first purchase at a Square seller, you’ll have the option to provide your email address or phone number if you would like to receive digital receipts, either texted or emailed to you.
Once you provide an email address, you’ll start receiving digital receipts everytime you make a purchase with a Square Seller using the payment card.
You will not receive automatic receipts if you use a different payment card, or if you choose to get a printed receipt or if you forgo a receipt at time of purchase.
|Seller Community: See what other Square sellers do when a receipt is sent to the wrong email address or phone number.|
How can I unsubscribe from Automatic Receipts?
You can unsubscribe from automatic receipts right from the last emailed receipt that you received from Square.
To stop automatic receipts:
- Click Manage Preferences for digital receipts at the very bottom of the receipt.
- Choose from the following options to customize your receipt delivery preferences:
- Automatically send me Square digital receipts means you won’t need to enter your email address again to receive automatic receipts from any merchant using Square.
- Automatically send me Square digital receipts except means you’d like to stop receiving automatic receipts for purchases from those specific business locations.
- Don’t automatically send me any digital receipts means you’d like to stop receiving automatic receipts for purchases from all sellers using Square. You will be asked if you would like receive a digital receipt each time you purchase from a seller using Square in the future. You will not be re-enrolled to receive automatic receipts from any seller using Square unless you adjust your preferences from a Square receipt.
How can I resubscribe to Automatic Receipts
If you’ve unsubscribed from automatic receipts, you can resubscribe directly from a Square receipt. You can resubscribe to automatic receipts for purchases from a specific seller or all sellers by clicking “Manage preferences” on any receipt.
How can I change my Receipt Delivery Method
To update your preferred receipts delivery method:
- Click “Manage preferences” at the bottom of any receipt.
- Select “Do not automatically send me any digital receipts.”
- After your next purchase from any Square seller, enter your preferred email address or phone number if you would like to receive digital receipts.
- Once you receive a receipt at this preferred email address, you can click “Manage preferences” to adjust automatic receipt settings for this specific business location, or all sellers that use Square. We’ll use the preferred email address you provided for future automatic receipts.
If you provide a phone number to receive an SMS receipt from a Square merchant, this information will be pre-populated on the receipt screen for you to confirm during future purchases from Square merchants. You can edit the pre-populated phone number at the point of sale by tapping either field and entering new information.
What if I received a receipt that wasn’t meant for me?
If you’d like to disassociate an email address from a payment card for automatic receipts, you can click “Not Your Receipt?” at the bottom of your Square receipt or contact us.
Note: If your email address or phone number for receipt delivery was entered with a mistake, let us know and we can unlink this information from your payment card.