Square's Standard Transfer Schedule
With Square’s standard transfer schedule, transfers are initiated every weekday at 1 p.m. for payments taken Monday - Friday before 12 a.m. Melbourne time. Transfers for sales made prior to 12 a.m. Melbourne time will arrive in your linked bank account by the following business day.*
Note: If you have recently signed up for Square, it can take up to five working days for your bank account to verify and link to your Square account. Learn more about linking your bank account.
Transfers suspended? Learn more about why your transfer is pending.
After you activate a Square Point of Sale account and link a bank account, funds are automatically sent to your linked account per our standard transfer schedule. Our standard transfer schedule is the quickest way to receive your funds.
With our standard schedule:
- Payments are sent to your bank account by the next business day.
- Transfers are not sent on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Depending on your bank’s processing speeds, transfers will normally be available in your bank account on the same day they’re sent by Square.
- Transfer cut-off and initiation time will adjust according to daylight savings time.
- Bank holidays may affect transfer timelines.
The table below details standard transfer times.
Standard Transfer Schedule
|Transaction Date||Transfer Initiated|
|Monday||Tuesday 1 PM Melbourne time|
|Tuesday||Wednesday 1 PM Melbourne time|
|Wednesday||Thursday 1 PM Melbourne time|
|Thursday||Friday 1 PM Melbourne time|
|Friday through Sunday||Monday 1 p.m. Melbourne time|
*Transfer times are approximate.
You can also customise your transfer schedule. Learn more about your transfer schedule options.