Change the Country of a Square Account
Currently you’re unable to change the country of an existing Square account. If you accidentally created a US Square account, you’ll want to deactivate it and create an Australian Square account. You’ll find instructions below on how to shift your business operations to a localised version of Square Point of Sale.
You’ll always be able to log in to your old account if you don’t deactivate it. But it may be helpful for record-keeping purposes to download your transaction history from your previous account.
Why should I switch to an Australian Square account?
The localised, Australian version of Square Point of Sale allows merchants to:
- Process payments in Australia
- Include an Australian address on receipts
- Include an ABN on receipts
- Seamlessly include GST in relevant transactions
- Receive product updates specifically for the Australian market
- Contact the Australian Support team.
Set Up a New Account
Once you’ve downloaded your previous account information, follow these steps to set up a new account:
- Sign out of the Square Point of Sale app on your device. If you have trouble, learn how to sign out here.
- Click Create Account, enter and confirm a unique email and password and then select your preferred country.
Note: You will not be able to reuse an email that’s already been used to create a Square account.
- Enter the requested personal and business information to finish setting up your account.
Each country has a specific set of features. Learn which features are available in your country.
Transfer Your Item Library
If you have a large item library, you may also want to transfer your library to your new account.