Fresh KDS and Square
Fresh KDS is a Square-compatible kitchen display system that can be used with or in place of order ticket printers. Install the Fresh KDS app on a compatible iOS or Android tablet to display current orders in your kitchen.
Note: Only orders made through the latest version of Square Point of Sale integrate with the Fresh KDS app.
Get Started with Fresh KDS
- From your online Square Dashboard, visit Apps or visit the Fresh KDS website.
- On your dashboard, click Get Started next to Fresh KDS.
- Create an account with Fresh KDS.
- Select your subscription plan.
- Install the Fresh KDS app from on your display tablet.
- Connect your display tablet to Square Point of Sale, just like setting up a kitchen ticket printer, to send order tickets to the Fresh KDS app.
Make sure the devices running the Square Point of Sale app and the Fresh KDS app are on the same Wi-Fi network.
Note: If you manage multiple locations from your Square account, you’ll need to enable this app for each location you wish to use with this integration.
Fresh KDS requires a monthly subscription. When you select your preferred subscription plan from the Fresh KDS website, you’ll be navigated to Square to enter your billing information. Square accepts all major payment cards with a Visa, MasterCard or American Express logo.
While your billing information for Fresh KDS is managed through your Square account, Fresh KDS features, services and plan changes are managed through Fresh KDS directly. Head to your Fresh KDS account if you need to upgrade or downgrade your subscription plan.
Fresh KDS recommends the following tablets for running their application:
- 10.5” Samsung Galaxy Tab S5E
- 10.1” Samsung Galaxy Tab A
- 10.1” ASUS ZenPad
- iPad Air
- iPad Air 2
- iPad 5th generation
- iPad 6th generation
- iPad 7th generation
- iPad mini 2
- iPad mini 3
- iPad mini 4
- 9.7” iPad Pro
- 10.5” iPad Pro
- 12.9” iPad Pro 1st generation
- 12.9” iPad Pro 2nd generation
- 11” iPad Pro 3rd generation
- 12.9” iPad Pro 3rd generation
- 12.9” iPad Pro 4th generation
Note: Fresh KDS is for tablets only and will not work on iPhones.
Troubleshoot Wi-Fi Issues
The Square Point of Sale and Fresh KDS integration requires a strong Wi-Fi signal to function properly. A weak Wi-Fi network configuration can cause:
- A printer (or kitchen display system) to disconnect from the Square Point of Sale app.
- A printer not to appear within the Square Point of Sale app.
- Some order tickets not to be sent to the desired printer or kitchen display.
Some Square merchants have found the following troubleshooting tips helpful:
- If you share your network with many devices, create a separate Wi-Fi network using a dual-band router.
- Create a Wi-Fi bridge to amplify your Wi-Fi signal.
- If you’re using an old router, it should be replaced. Old routers may start to malfunction and cause issues with your network connectivity.
- Contact a local IT specialist who can assist with Wi-Fi troubleshooting.
If you have additional questions, contact us.