Square Point of Sale Beta for Android
The Square Point of Sale beta for Android allows you to test-drive our newest features. As a member of Square’s Preview Program, you have access to updates and can help us improve the Square experience for everyone.
Make sure you are running Google Android 5 or later (Honeycomb or modified versions of Android are not supported).
To get started:
- Install the Square Point of Sale beta app.
- Contact us and let us know the features you’re most interested in seeing with Square, may apply early access to upcoming features on your account. Future upcoming features will be automatically applied.
Note: Some preview features are in active development and may not be available on every device or account.
Install the Beta App
- Go to https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.squareup.beta and sign in with the Google Account you use to get apps from the Google Play Store.
- Go to the Play Store and search “Square Point of Sale Beta Preview” and install.
- Open the Square Point of Sale beta app (it will appear as a blue Square logo on your device vs. the grey Square logo for the generally available version) and sign in to your Square account.
Note: You’ll have two versions of the app. The beta version has blue stripes in the logo.
Uninstall the Beta App
To opt out of beta:
- Go to your device’s Settings app.
- Select Apps or “Application manager.”
- Touch the app you’d like to uninstall. You may need to swipe right or left to find the app.
- Tap Uninstall or Disable.
Should you encounter any issues with the latest beta app update, please report them and revert back to the Play Store version of Square Point of Sale.
Note: Cash drawer sessions live on your device. When switching from the Play Store app to the beta app, be sure to close and restart your cash drawer.
If you notice a glitch with the Square beta app or your mobile device, try the following troubleshooting tips:
- Make sure that both your mobile device and the app are up to date.
- Sign out and back in to the app.
- Turn your mobile device off and on.
- Force quit the app on your device.
- Delete and reinstall the beta application. See steps above for Install the beta.
Note: If using Offline Mode, don’t delete and reinstall the app until all of your payments have been uploaded. Offline Payments will be permanently lost if the app is deleted before connecting to the internet.
Thank you for helping us build the best business tools for you. By downloading the beta app and joining our Preview Program, you’re helping us to improve Square with real-world testing.