Square Marketing FAQ
Existing Campaign FAQ
|Create, send, and track email marketing campaigns in minutes. Learn more about Square Text Message and Email Marketing in the Seller Community.|
- Go to Customers > Marketing in your online Square Dashboard.
- Select Offer A Coupon > Design Campaign.
- Click Unique auto-generated code on the image of the coupon in the campaign preview on the left.
- Select Online use on the right side menu and input the Square Online coupon code you created under Coupon Code.
- Fill in the rest of the details of your coupon just as you did in your Square Online site. Note: if you fill out any of these details differently than when you set up your original coupon in Square Online, these changes will not affect the terms of your coupon. To edit any details of your coupon, visit your Square Online Overview page.
- Once you’ve finished setting up your coupon campaign, click Select Audience in the top right.
- Select your coupon campaign audience. You can also choose to share your campaign on Facebook with free posts or paid advertising to
expand your audience.
: Once you launch your campaign, customers will receive an email with your Square Online coupon code, which is only redeemable online.
- Rewards need to be applied manually to a sale by looking up the customer’s associated receipt email address or 6-digit reward code. Your customer can locate the email address or 6-digit code associated with their reward in the email they received. They’ll need to present this information to you at checkout so you can locate and apply the reward.
- Your customer can elect to tie the reward directly to the payment card they last used at your business. The reward will be automatically applied when they use that same payment card during their next visit. If you have trouble, ask the customer for their 6-digit reward code or email to apply the reward manually.
: Learn more about applying rewards.
To get started:
- From your online Square Dashboard, go to Customers > Marketing.
- Click Coupons > Create Coupon.
- From the design screen, you can create a custom code, choose a coupon type, choose when the coupon applies, and add a description and an expiration date.
- Click Activate.
- From your Square Dashboard, go to Customers > Marketing > Coupons.
- Select the coupon and click (···) > Preview.
- Click Copy Code.