Existing Campaign FAQs
Can I cancel Square Marketing campaigns?
You can cancel any automated marketing campaigns and blast campaigns with a coupon at any time. Update, Event Invitation, and Product Announcement blast campaigns can’t be cancelled.
To cancel a campaign:
- Visit Marketing in your online Square Dashboard.
- Select the Active campaign you’d like to cancel > click Cancel.
- Select whether you’d like to still honor unredeemed coupons, or cancel and invalidate them.
- Click Cancel Campaign.
Can I duplicate a campaign?
You can duplicate a previously completed campaign. To do so:
- Visit the Marketing section of your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Completed and select the campaign you’d like to duplicate.
- Click Duplicate in the upper-right corner.
- Complete, review, and send or schedule your campaign.
Where can I search for rewards using a customer’s email address?
If you don’t see the option to search for rewards in-app, please be sure you are using an updated version of Square Point of Sale.
How can I change the business name or address in a campaign?
For the first campaign you send, Square Marketing will take the business name and address from your Business Settings. To update your business name after sending a campaign, you can do so from the campaign header under Business Name.
Please note: Changing the business name from Business Settings won’t affect what’s displayed in your campaigns. To modify the address that appears on a campaign, you’ll update it from the last campaign sent.
Why wasn’t my customer’s reward automatically applied at the time of sale?
There are two ways your customers can redeem their rewards.
- Rewards need to be applied manually to a sale by looking up the customer’s associated receipt email address or 6-digit reward code. Your customer can locate the email address or 6-digit code associated with their reward in the email they received. They’ll need to present this information to you at checkout so you can locate and apply the reward.
- Your customer can elect to tie the reward directly to the payment card they last used at your business. The reward will be automatically applied when they use that same payment card during their next visit. If you have trouble, ask the customer for their 6-digit reward code or email to apply the reward manually.
Learn more about applying rewards.
Why is my customer seeing a pending charge on their bank statement for the full sale amount instead of the reward price?
When a reward is redeemed, Square will authorize a payment card for the full sale amount before the reward is applied. Some banks reflect this activity as a pending charge. These are not actual charges, but simply Square verifying that funds are available. Your customer will see the discounted sale amount posted to their account in the next few days.
I voided a payment that had a reward applied. Can the customer redeem the reward again?
Not at this time. Rewards are no longer valid, and are considered used, if they were added to a sale that was voided. You can manually apply a discount to the customer’s next sale.
Why can’t my customers using Outlook see my campaign’s images?
Unfortunately, since Outlook doesn’t support the same formatting standards as most other email clients, images from your campaigns may not populate correctly for customers using their services.
Most popular email clients do support our standard formatting, so the majority of your customers are able to see your campaign’s images.