Brewing Success: Brew Lab On Serving World Class Coffee in Dublin with the help of Square.

In the dynamic world of coffee culture, Brew Lab stands out as a testament to passion, dedication, and the pursuit of perfection. With a rich history spanning 15 years, this husband-and-wife duo has not only weathered the demanding world of baristas but has also triumphed in global competitions, showcasing their expertise and love for the art of coffee. From their early days as competitors in the World Coffee Championships to representing Ireland in the latte championships in Budapest, Brew Lab has consistently pushed the boundaries, ultimately finding its perfect blend.

Brew Lab’s Concept

Brew Lab has seamlessly translated its expertise into a unique concept, offering an espresso bar with four original coffees on the menu, complemented by a brew bar. The emphasis is on precision and quality, from making filter coffee using a dripper to competition-style and world-class brewing techniques. With 80% of their coffee sourced locally (80% of it being Irish) and the remaining 20% from abroad, Brew Lab prides itself on champion coffees that elevate the coffee-drinking experience.

In their pursuit of simplicity, efficiency, and a polished presentation, Brew Lab turned to Square as their preferred point-of-sale system. The decision was driven by the desire for a user-friendly solution that matched their commitment to excellence. Square’s reputation for simplicity, speed, and ease of use made it the obvious choice for Brew Lab.

Setting up with Square

image 123650291 (30)

The decision to go with Square was influenced by recommendations from friends who highlighted its simplicity and quick setup. Brew Lab appreciated the system’s efficiency and its seamless integration with their concept. With Square, adding a new item to the menu or processing payments became a breeze, allowing them to focus on what they do best – crafting exceptional coffee experiences.

Brew Lab noticed Square popping up all over Dublin, a testament to its efficiency and widespread adoption in the bustling city. The sleek and modern appearance of Square’s terminals aligned perfectly with Brew Lab’s commitment to aesthetics, ensuring a cohesive and professional look for their business.

Upon receiving their Square terminal, Brew Lab was impressed with its user-friendly design. No lessons or classes were needed to operate the POS system – a crucial factor in a fast-paced coffee environment.

‘Typically, it takes about 5 minutes for staff to get a basic understanding of the Square system, and around 10 minutes for a full grasp during our training sessions.’
Whether adding an item to the menu or applying discounts, Square proved to be an intuitive solution that streamlined their operations.

‘When it comes to processing customer payments, Square is incredibly fast. It efficiently manages transactions, making the customer line move quickly. In my experience, there’s no other POS system as fast or easy to understand as Square,’ says co-owner, Arvind.

Online Payments and Business Continuity

Square’s capability to accept online payments was a game-changer for Brew Lab. The ability to process transactions and make customers happy, even beyond the physical store, provided a lifeline for their business. Square’s 24-hour payment feature allowed Brew Lab to efficiently manage their finances and keep their business thriving.

In the partnership between Brew Lab and Square, the pursuit of excellence in coffee craftsmanship meets the efficiency of a seamless payment solution. With Square, Brew Lab continues to serve up world-class coffees while effortlessly managing transactions, embodying the perfect blend of passion and technology in the ever-evolving world of coffee culture.

Grab a cup of Brew Lab’s world-class coffee on Aungier Street or follow them on Instagram.