Getting Started with Square for Retail on Square Register
When you sign up for Square for Retail Plus, you’ll have access to a suite of tools and reports designed specifically for retail businesses. If you’re upgrading from a standard Square account, don’t worry — you won’t lose any of your existing account information. Our Get Started Guide will give you all the details to set up your account.
- Subscribe to Square for Retail Plus on Square Dashboard.
- Sign Out of Square Point of Sale on your device.
- Note: You can always sign back in to Square Point of Sale, as it will always be an available point of sale software on your device. All transaction, customer, and catalog data will seamlessly sync between both the Square for Retail and Square Point of Sale software.
- If this is your first time using the Square Register and you’ve already completed setup, make sure to check for an update by tapping Configure Device > General > About Register > Software Update. You must be on version 3.26 or higher to log into Square for Retail Plus.
- Note: Square Register checks for an update every 15 minutes. If you don’t see one right away and your current version is lower than 3.26, make sure your device is connected to the internet and wait several more minutes for an update to appear.
- Sign in to Square for Retail using your email and password or by using a device code.
- Learn to create a device code.
- Device codes are unique to each Register, so repeat the steps to create a device code for each Register you’d like to run using Square for Retail.
- Learn to Set Up Your Point of Sale with Square for Retail
- Take advantage of exchanges from your point of sale, an improved search interface, cart builder with images, and much more.
To get started, log in to your Retail account by visiting the Sign In screen on your Square Register and sign in with your email and password. From here, you can create or select the profile associated with your account. You can also tap Device Code in the top right corner to sign in with an existing Retail device code.
Frequently Asked Questions
Will I have the same access to the same features?
At the moment, Advanced Inventory Management and Bluetooth bar code scanners are not compatible with Square for Retail for Register. Register does support USB barcode scanners.
How much does this cost?
Square for Retail Plus includes a 30 day free trial and then $60/location per month. The rate for Square for Retail Plus is 2.5% + $0.10 per card present transaction. Square for Retail Free is no cost and the rate is 2.6% + $0.10 per card present transaction.
Can I use the regular Square Point of Sale and Square for Retail Free or Plus on my device at the same time?
You are able to use both Square Point of Sale and Square for Retail Free/Plus on your device, but you cannot use them at the same time. To switch between the two, you’ll need to log out of Square Point of Sale and sign in to Square for Retail Free/Plus, and vice versa.