Connect Square Terminal Supported Hardware
Square Terminal makes it easy to connect compatible hardware accessories, just plug them in and you are good to go! To start, be sure your Square Terminal is connected to the hub, plugged into a power outlet, and switched on.
To connect accessories to your Square Terminal, you’ll need to purchase a Hub for Square Terminal.
To ensure that you are using supported accessories, check out our complete hardware compatibility list.
Connect Hardware to Square Terminal
- Ensure that your Square Terminal is connected to the hub, power adaptor, and power adaptor cable.
- When a piece of hardware is properly connected, Square Terminal will confirm with an on-screen notification as well as with an audio indication.
To test your hardware accessories:
- Tap the three horizontal lines in the upper left hand corner.
- Tap Settings.
- Scroll to Hardware and tap the hardware you’d like to test from the list (e.g.Printers).
From here, you’ll see your USB connected, barcode scanners and/or network connected printers.
Learn more about connecting hardware to your Square Terminal:
Troubleshoot the USB Barcode Scanner:
If you have any trouble connecting your barcode scanner to Square Terminal, please give the following troubleshooting tips a try:
- Make sure Square Terminal is plugged into the hub, and the hub is plugged into the power adaptor. Ensure the power adaptor is plugged into an outlet.
- Clear the Square Terminal accessory port of debris and dust.
- Plug the barcode scanner into a different port on the USB hub.
If you connect your barcode scanner and you receive the error message “USB DEVICE IS NOT COMPATIBLE”, you’ll need to reset your barcode scanner.