To make sure the Square app runs smoothly, update to the latest version of software available for your device. After you’ve updated your software, download the latest version of the Square app for the newest features and fixes.
Note: If you’re unable to download the Square app after updating your device’s operating system, your device may not be supported. Learn more about [devices supported with Square.]9 https://squareup.com/compatibility )
Update Software on an iOS Device
- Plug your device into a power source.
- From the device’s home screen, tap Settings > General > Software Update.
- Tap “Download and Install.”
- Follow the on-screen prompts to complete the update.
For more information on updating your iOS, visit Apple’s Support site.
Update Software on an Android Device
- Open your device’s Settings.
- Tap About > System Updates or Software Updates and choose to update to the latest software version.
Note: The process to update software is different for each Android device. Instructions for updating software on your specific device should be available on Google’s Android Support page.