Square Invoices Troubleshooting
Learn some helpful troubleshooting tips for sending and paying Square Invoices.
Troubleshooting Tips for Sending Invoices
If you run into trouble sending Square Invoices, keep the following tips in mind:
- Make sure your browser is up to date.
- For your protection, Square can occasionally cancel an invoice if your customer makes too many failed attempts to pay it. You may duplicate a canceled invoice and try sending it again. Please verify your customer’s identity since transactions are declined by the card issuer, not Square. Learn more about potential scams and how to accept payment cards safely.
Troubleshooting Tips for Paying Invoices
- When paying an invoice, make sure your browser is up to date.
- If a payment card is declined, Square is not informed of the exact reason. We recommend contacting the card-issuing bank for more information.
- To ensure a safe and secure processing environment, Square can occasionally cancel an invoice if there are too many failed attempts to pay it. You may request a new invoice be sent from the business owner, however, we recommend you also call your bank to authorise the transaction.
- If you receive an error stating your card was not accepted, be sure to check all the information you’ve entered, including the card number, expiration date, CVV, and postcode.
Learn more about paying Square Invoices.