Learn how to create, edit and manage items from the online Square Dashboard.
Create Items Online
- Visit Items from your Square Dashboard and click Create Item at the top-right corner.
- Fill in the item details. If your item has a barcode, add the SKU or UPC in the SKU field.
If you’re adding an item image, we recommend the following image specs:
- High resolution
- PNG or JPG file format
- Dimensions that are square
- A size of 720x720 pixels
- Enable inventory management to view item stock counts and stock alerts.
- Click Save.
Note: You aren’t able to add additional images to an item.
Create Item Categories Online
Categories simplify your item library and sales reports.
- Log in to Categories in your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Create Category.
- Name your category (i.e. Drinks, Food, Jewellery).
- Click Assign Items and tick the box next to each item you wish to include.
Edit and Delete Items Online
- Log in to Items from your Square Dashboard.
- Click on the item you wish to edit.
- Make your changes and click Save.
- To delete the item, click the rubbish bin icon at the bottom of the page and click Delete Item.
You can also create and manage items directly from the Square Register beta app on an iPad.