Square Stand Troubleshooting
If you’re having trouble with your Square Stand, the following tips will help you get back to accepting payments quickly.
Square Stand Mounting Issues
You can mount your Square Stand using an adhesive mount or drill mount. For mounting instructions, visit Mount and Secure Your Square Stand.
Square Stand Charging Issues
When Square Stand is properly connected, you’ll see the charging icon appear in the top-right corner of your iPad screen. If your iPad isn’t charging, try these tips:
- Make sure the Square Stand is plugged into the accessories hub and the power adaptor is plugged into a grounded outlet.
- Gently unplug and firmly replug the power adaptor.
- Try plugging the power adaptor into a different outlet.
- Remove the iPad from the Square Stand. To do so, remove the security screw or pin, then press the eject button located on the underside of the iPad enclosure.
- Restart your iPad, press and hold the power button.
- Update your iPad to the latest version of iOS and the Square app.
- Push down on the Square Stand connector one time, and then re-insert the iPad into the Square Stand.
iPad and Square Stand Connection Issues
If your iPad and Square Stand aren’t communicating, try the one or more of the following tips:
- Update your iPad to the latest version of Apple iOS and the Square app.
- Force quit the Square app and re-open it.
- Make sure the Square app recognises the stand. To do so, visit your in-app Settings. If Square Stand is listed, it’s connected.
- Confirm your iPad recognises the stand. To do so, press the home button on your iPad. Go to Settings > General > About. Square Stand will be listed if it’s recognised. If you don’t see Square Stand listed, unplug the stand from its power source, remove the iPad from the stand, then plug everything back in.
- Restart your iPad, press and hold the power button on your iPad.
- If you’re unable to remove the security screw, contact us.
Square Stand USB Attachment Issues
Square Stand integrates with supported receipt and kitchen printers, cash drawers and bar code scanners to create a complete point of sale. If you experience issues connecting any of your USB hardware accessories to the Square Stand, try the following tips:
- Make sure the Square Stand is firmly plugged into the accessories hub and the hub is plugged into a power adaptor. The power adaptor should then be plugged into a three-pronged outlet.
- Ensure you’re using supported hardware. If you’re attempting to connect an unsupported device, it won’t be recognised by the Square app.
- Check the USB connections of your hardware. Unplug these devices from the accessories hub and plug them back in.
- Confirm the Square Stand and the iPad are properly connected.
Note: If you’re using non-USB hardware, try these troubleshooting tips.
Cleaning the Square Stand
For minor scuffs and marks, use the cleaning cloth included with your Square Stand.
To clean the reader track on your Square Stand, you can use a folded paper towel. Slide the paper towel through the card reader slot to clear any spills or debris.