Send Digital Receipts
With every successful payment, you can provide a digital receipt (by SMS or email) or a printed receipt for your customers.
Each receipt will reflect an itemised breakdown of whole number and decimal quantities, discounts and applicable taxes.
Send Digital Receipts
- Authorise the payment by tapping, inserting or swiping your customer’s card or recording another form of tender on the payment screen.
- Ask your customer to enter their phone number or email address on the receipt screen.
- Tap Send.
If a customer doesn’t receive an SMS receipt, one or more of the following may have occurred:
- The customer doesn’t have a valid SMS plan.
- The customer’s phone network provider has blocked the text.
- The customer has a restricted phone number.
- The Customer’s phone number is outside the UK.
- There is no SIM card in the device sending the receipt.
In these cases, you can always resend the receipt to a valid email address with your customer’s consent.
Resend Digital Receipts
You can resend a receipt to a different email address or phone number at any time from your online Square Dashboard or from the Square app.
From the Square app
- Tap the following icon in the navigation bar: or the down arrow at the top of the Square Register:
- Tap Transactions.
- Locate and tap the payment > Issue Receipt.
From Your Online Square Dashboard
- Visit Transactions.
- Use the date selector tool to locate a specific payment.
- Click on the payment > Send Receipt.
Receipt Best Practices
- Square Merchants should not send customers’ receipts to themselves. You’ll receive a payment confirmation after every successful transaction and you can view payment details from your online Square Dashboard.
- If the email address entered for receipt delivery is no longer active or is incorrect, Square will need to unlink this information from your customer’s payment card. Ask your customer to contact us for help.
- To edit a receipt destination at the time of sale, ask your customer to tap the phone number or email address on the receipt screen and input their new information.
- Customer information entered into the receipt field is for receipt purposes only and is not available in your Online Square Dashboard. Add your customer to your Directory from the Square app to access it from the app or Online Square Dashboard at a later time.