Review these tips to troubleshoot your Bluetooth or USB barcode scanner.
Troubleshoot Bluetooth Barcode Scanners
- Confirm you’re using an iPad with a Bluetooth scanner. iOS smartphones and Android devices aren’t supported at this time.
- Check that your scanner is fully charged.
- Make sure that the scanner is paired to your iPad and not to another device.
- Check that Bluetooth is turned on within your iPad settings. If enabled, turn it off and back on.
- Ensure your devices OS and the Square app are up to date.
You can also factory reset your Bluetooth barcode scanner. To do so:
- Turn on the barcode scanner.
- Press and hold the trigger button while pressing the power button. After 15 seconds, the scanner will beep.
- Release the trigger button. The scanner will beep 5 times and power off.
- Turn the scanner back on and scan the barcode below:
Troubleshoot USB Barcode Scanners
- Check the USB connections of your barcode scanner by unplugging it from the Android device and plugging it back in.