Deposit Options FAQs
Find answers to common questions about Square’s Instant Deposit.
What are Square’s faster deposit options?
To get your money faster than one to two working days, use Instant Deposit to send your eligible balance on-demand, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Are there any deposit limits?
Instant Deposit requires a minimum balance of £50 after Square’s processing and deposit fees and a maximum deposit size of £1000.
Funds that are not eligible for Instant Deposit will be sent to the bank account linked to your Square account in one to two working days.
Note: New sellers may be restricted from using Instant Deposit until they have sufficient account history. As you run and grow your business with Square, Instant Deposit will become available.
Why is Instant Deposit unavailable?
Instant Deposit may be unavailable due to one of the following reasons:
- You haven’t linked a bank account to Square, or your bank account hasn’t been completely verified. Link a bank account or check your verification status from your online Square Dashboard.
- Your current balance, after Square’s processing and deposit fees, is below the minimum amount of £50
- You have at least one single transaction greater than £1000. Square can't send transactions greater than £1000 via Instant Deposit.
- You’re new to Square and have insufficient account history to be eligible for Instant Deposit.
- Your deposit may have been impacted as a result of a regular account review. We periodically review accounts to ensure customer security. Instant Deposit will become available when this review is complete.
If my Instant Deposit was sent on a weekend, evening or after my close of day, when will it arrive?
With Instant Deposit, funds are sent instantly, even at nights and weekends, regardless of your regular deposit schedule. Funds will arrive in your bank account within 20 minutes.
Note: Any money not sent instantly will be sent to your bank account in one to two working days.
What should I do if my deposit fails to send?
Try sending your deposit again at the end of the day or wait for your funds to be sent via Square’s standard Next Day Deposit schedule.
When will my deposit arrive in my bank account?
Funds will typically arrive in your bank account within 20 minutes of initiating the Instant Deposit.
Can I deposit funds from multiple payments in a single instant deposit?
Yes! You can deposit a balance of up to £1000 from multiple payments with Instant Deposit.
Where can I see a summary of my Instant or Same-Day Deposits?
Your complete deposit history, along with any Instant or Same-Day Deposit fees, is available to view and download from Deposits > Deposit Reports in your online Square Dashboard. Read more about viewing your deposit history.
You can also view Instant and Same-Day Deposits from the Square Point of Sale app by navigating to Deposits > Deposit Reports.
If I qualify for free processing, will deposit fees be covered by that programme?
No. Square’s Referral programme only covers card processing fees and not the 1% fee for Instant Deposit.