Square Dashboard Overview
Your online Square Dashboard gives you access to the tools you need to manage your daily business operations. See how your business is doing with advanced reporting tools, manage timecards and team members and create marketing campaigns that help you stay in touch with customers – all in one place.
The Home section of your online Square Dashboard provides a snapshot of your daily business activities – your next transfer amount, top selling items, feedback from your customers and more.
Square seamlessly syncs with apps that help you manage everything from accounting and taxes, to inventory, eCommerce, shipping and restaurant management.
Simple online scheduling, calendar management and payment acceptance for services booked online are available with Square Appointments.
Head to Appointments in your online Square Dashboard to try it free for 30 days.
- Overview: View upcoming appointments and notifications for services booked online.
- Calendar: Manage your calendar, create appointments and set custom availability for online booking.
- Online Booking: Edit and view your Online Booking Site, create embeddable widgets for your website, invite clients to book online and set a custom display order for services booked online.
- Services: Create, price and assign services to staff members.
Staff: Create Staff profiles and set access permissions and hours for employees.
.* Settings: Manage online booking and calendar preferences, set up online prepayments and No-Show protection, edit client communications and view your appointments history.
Account & Settings
Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard is where you can manage your personal account information, business information and place an order for Square hardware and marketing material.
- Personal Information: Manage your account email address and enable security features that prevent unauthorised access.
- Bank Accounts: Manage bank accounts across locations.
- Email Notifications: Tell us what emails you’d like to receive from Square and add more recipients.
- Authorised Representatives: Add people who are authorised to contact Square Support on behalf of your business regarding sensitive account information and transaction details.
- Get Free Processing: Your invite link earns you rewards for referring new merchants to Square.
- Locations: Create and manage multiple locations for your business. Set bank details, hours and more.
- Pricing & Subscriptions: View and manage your subscription services, view monthly bills and update your preferred payment method.
- Balance: Set a custom daily transfer schedule so you can get your money when you need it.
- Receipt: View and manage your receipt appearance, public information and return policy.
- Tax Forms: Update your taxpayer information and view 1099-K Forms.
- Devices: Set up device codes that sign you into the Square app instead of using your email and password.
- Square Secure: Set up your business profile to help us spot unusual activity on your account and better protect your income.
- Card Reader: Request a magstripe reader or order a reader for contactless and chip payments.
- Marketing Kit: Let your customers know you accept credit cards with Square.
- Order a Stand: The Square Stand gives you a complete POS solution minus the clutter.
- Order Status: View your hardware order history and status.
Square Capital provides access to loans to help you grow your business.
Access tools to help you to better manage, understand and engage with your customers.
- Directory: Keep track of your customers by building customer profiles.
- Feedback: See feedback from your customers about their experiences with your business and reply to them personally.
- Insights: View your customers’ payment activity and level of satisfaction.
- Settings: Configure what information is included and visible in your customer profiles, enable feedback for your locations and set up email collection tools.
- Overview: See upcoming transfers and payments included in them.
- Transfer Reports: View your entire transfer history, including details like payments included, where the transfer went and how it was sent.
- Square Card: Manage your Square card, report your card lost or stolen and reset your PIN.
- Settings: Link a debit card for instant transfer, set a transfer schedule and set a custom close of day.
Create permission groups and team member profiles, track sales and timecards by team member and reset passcodes. Manage your entire staff in a few clicks, allowing your team to take payments while keeping sensitive areas secure.
- Team: Create team member profiles with assigned permission sets and passcodes for your Square Point of Sale app and online Square Dashboard.
- Permissions: Create predefined permission sets for current and future team members to set permissions for what they can access in your Square Point of Sale app and online Square Dashboard.
- Overview: See an overview of gift card sales, redemption and activity.
- eGift Cards: Find your eGift Cards Order Site URL, manage eGift Card designs and enable in-store eGift Card sales.
- Plastic Gift Cards: Order plastic gift cards for your business from our partner eCard Systems.
- Settings: Set gift card load amounts, enable custom amounts and add a redemption policy.
Manage everything invoice related – create new invoices, see outstanding or unpaid invoices, review your invoice payment history and more.
- Invoices: Create, view, search and filter all your invoices.
- Recurring: Create and view all recurring invoice series.
- Estimates: Create and view all estimates.
- Reports: View all outstanding invoices.
- Settings: Set your invoices default settings and select which notification emails Square automatically sends to your account email.
Creating an Item Library helps you quickly add items to sales, manage taxes, track inventory and build insightful reports on what’s selling. Having Items is also useful when sending Square Marketing campaigns and setting up Square Loyalty programmes for specific products.
- Item Library: Items help speed up payments, manage pricing and taxes and track inventory.
- Modifiers: Create a set of options that can be applied to an Item to speed up check out.
- Categories: Organise Items into categories for faster access and useful reporting.
- Discounts: Create and manage discounts that can be applied to a sale.
- Taxes: Set up and manage applicable taxes for your sales.
- Settings: Set rules for dining options like For Here and To Go, manage reasons for comps and voids and enable inventory management for Square Invoices.
Allow your customers opt in to your loyalty program at checkout simply by entering their phone number to earn stars and rewards automatically.
- Overview: View a summary of loyalty customers, visits and average spend.
- Reports: View reports on visits, sales attributed to your programme and top customers.
- Activity: View up to a year of loyalty activity and details on individual transactions.
- Promotions: View and share your Loyalty Status Page link, announce your program to customers and order in-store signage from Square.
- Settings: Configure your loyalty program, including rules for earning rewards, terminology and participating locations.
Send your customers personalized marketing emails, automated campaigns and promotions with our email tool and distribution list.
- Overview: See an overview active campaigns, drafts and past campaigns.
- Campaigns: View and sort your entire campaign history by type and status.
- Assistant: Set up Marketing Assistant. The assistant monitors your customer activity, provides timely reports and suggestions, and even designs campaigns for you to review, edit and send on the go.
- Settings: Manage locations, Facebook permissions and default campaign links.
With Square Online Store, you can create a professional website to showcase your items online and accept payments with Square. Spend less time setting up your online store and more time focusing on your business.
If you’ve set up your Square Online Store, you can manage pickup and shipping orders for each of your active locations.
Square’s online payroll services have you covered for tax filings, health benefits, sick leave, workers’ comp and more. Square Payroll imports your team members’ timecards from the Square app, calculates overtime and handles taxes so you can pay your team faster.
Get insights on what’s driving sales, how customers are paying and fees paid from your Reports tab:
- Reports: Access general sales summaries and fees paid, create custom reports, and view reports on sales trends, accepted payment methods, items sold, etc.
- Disputes: View, manage and get updates on any disputes you may receive.
- Cash Drawers: Track your cash drawer history and individual drawer sessions. Note: This is only available when Cash Management is enabled.
- Activity Log: Track sensitive actions taken by your team – such as processed refunds, comps/voids and discounts.
Manage and edit your team’s hours right from your online Square Dashboard.
- Workday: View and edit a single day’s worth of team member activity. This includes every shift started within the selected workday, breaks, notes and whether any shifts for that day included overtime.
- Report: Review total hours, notes (when using Team Plus) and labour costs necessary to pay your team members.
- Settings: Set Overtime rules for each location and select a Work Period.
- Transactions: Review details on individual transactions, issue refunds and export your sales history.
Learn more about using Virtual Terminal in our Support Centre.