Your online Square Dashboard gives you access to the tools you need to manage your daily business operations. See how your business is doing with advanced reporting tools, manage timecards and employees – all in one place.
The Home section of your online Square Dashboard provides a snapshot of your daily business activities – your next deposit amount, top selling items, feedback from your customers, and more.
Customise Your Home Screen
The widgets in your Home tab can be reordered via drag-and-drop or removed by clicking on the grid icon in the upper-right corner.
Your dashboard’s navigation menu can also be reordered via drag-and-drop to fit your specific needs.
Square seamlessly syncs with third party apps that help you manage everything from accounting and taxes to inventory, eCommerce, shipping and restaurant management.
Account & Settings
Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard is where you can manage your personal account information, business information, and place an order for Square hardware and marketing material.
- Personal Information: Manage your account email address and enable security features that prevent unauthorised access.
- Bank Accounts: Manage bank accounts across locations.
- Email Notifications: Tell us what emails you’d like to receive from Square and add more recipients.
- Authorised Representatives: Add people who are authorised to contact Square Support on behalf of your business regarding sensitive account information and transaction details.
- Get Free Processing: Your invite link earns you rewards for referring new merchants to Square.
- Locations: Create and manage multiple locations for your business. Set bank details, hours and more.
- Pricing & Subscriptions: View and manage your subscription services, view monthly bills and update your preferred payment method.
- Deposits: Set a custom daily deposit schedule so you can get your money when you need it.
- Receipt: View and manage your receipt appearance, public information and return policy.
- Devices: Set up device codes that sign you into the Square app instead of using your email and password.
- Square Secure: Set up your business profile to help us spot unusual activity on your account and better protect your income.
- GDPR: Fulfill your buyer’s requests under GDPR and download a report to document your compliance.
- Card Reader: Order a reader for contactless and chip payments.
- Marketing Kit: Let your customers know you accept credit cards with Square.
Access tools to help you to better manage, understand and engage with your customers.
- Directory: Keep track of your customers by building customer profiles.
- Feedback: See feedback from your customers about their experiences with your business, and reply to them personally.
- Insights: View your customers’ payment activity and level of satisfaction.
- Settings: Configure what information is included and visible in your customer profiles, enable feedback for your locations and set up email collection tools.
- Overview: See upcoming deposits and the payments included in them.
- Deposit Reports: View your entire deposit history, including details like payments included, where the deposit went and how it was sent.
- Settings: Link a debit card for Instant Deposit, set a deposit schedule and set a custom close of day.
Create permission groups and employee profiles, track sales and timecards by employee and reset point of sale passcodes. Manage your entire staff in a few clicks, allowing your team to take payments while keeping sensitive areas secure.
- Employee List: Create employee profiles with assigned roles and passcodes for your Square app and dashboard.
- Permissions: Create predefined roles for current and future employees that set permissions for what they can access in your Square app and dashboard.
- Overview: See an overview of gift card sales, redemption and activity.
- eGift Cards: Find your eGift Cards Order Site URL, manage eGift Card designs and enable in-store eGift Card sales.
- Settings: Set gift card load amounts, enable custom amounts and add a redemption policy.
Manage everything invoice related – create new invoices, see outstanding or unpaid invoices, review your invoice payment history and more.
- Invoices: Create, view, search and filter all your invoices.
- Recurring: Create and view all recurring invoice series.
- Estimates: Create and view all estimates.
- Reports: View all outstanding invoices.
- Settings: Set your invoices default settings and select which notification emails Square automatically sends to your account email.
Creating an Item Library helps you quickly add items to sales, manage taxes, track inventory and build insightful reports on what’s selling. Having Items is also useful when sending Square Marketing campaigns and setting up Square Loyalty programmes for specific products.
- Item Library: Items help speed up payments, manage pricing and taxes and track inventory.
- Modifiers: Create a set of options that can be applied to an Item to speed up check out.
- Categories: Organise Items into categories for faster access and useful reporting.
- Discounts: Create and manage discounts that can be applied to a sale.
- Taxes: Set up and manage applicable taxes for your sales.
- Settings: Set rules for dining options like For Here and To Go, manage reasons for comps and voids, and enable inventory management for Square Invoices.
With the Weebly powered Square Online Store, you can create a professional website to showcase your items online and accept payments with Square. Spend less time setting up your online store and more time focusing on your business.
If you’ve set up your Weebly powered Square Online Store, you can manage pickup and shipping orders for each of your active locations.
Get insights on what’s driving sales, how customers are paying and fees paid from your Reports tab:
- Reports: Access general sales summaries and fees paid, create custom reports and view reports on sales trends, accepted payment methods, items sold, etc.
- Disputes: View, manage and get updates on any disputes you may receive.
- Cash Drawers: Track your cash drawer history and individual drawer sessions. Note: This is only available when Cash Management is enabled.
Manage and edit your employees’ hours right from your Square Dashboard.
- Workday: View and edit a single day’s worth of employee activity. This includes every shift started within the selected workday, breaks and whether any shifts for that day included overtime.
- Report: Review total hours and labour costs necessary to pay your employees.
- Settings: Set Overtime rules for each location, and select a Work Period.
- Transactions: Review details on individual transactions, issue refunds and export your sales history,
Manually enter card details from your computer with Square Virtual Terminal. Your payments will be tracked and deposited along with all of your other payments.
Learn more about using Virtual Terminal in our Support Centre.