With Square’s standard deposit schedule, deposits are initiated at approximately 16:00, from Monday to Friday. For sales that have been processed before midnight, a deposit will be initiated at approximately 16:00 the following business day. Sales that are made after midnight will be grouped with your next day’s deposit.*
You’ll receive an email notification when your deposit is initiated by Square. While some banks post deposits immediately, others may take longer. You can visit Deposits in your online Square Dashboard to confirm when Square initiated the deposit to your linked bank account.
With our standard deposit schedule:
- Payments taken before midnight are sent to your bank account by the next business day.
- Depending on your bank’s processing speed, payments accepted at 23:59 or earlier on Thursday may be included with your Friday deposit and post to your bank account on Monday evening.
- Deposits are not sent on Saturdays or Sundays.
- Bank holidays may affect deposit timelines.
- Deposit cutoff and initiation times will adjust accordingly with British Summer Time.
The table below details standard deposit times.
Standard Deposit Schedule
|Transaction Date||Deposit Initiated*|
|Monday||Tuesday at 16:00|
|Tuesday||Wednesday at 16:00|
|Wednesday||Thursday at 16:00|
|Thursday||Friday at 16:00|
|Friday through Sunday||Monday at 16:00|
*Note: Deposit times are approximate.
You can also customise your close of day schedule.
Note: Square deposits to your bank account are capped at £250,000 per day. If you accept over £250,000 in card payments in a single day, your next deposit will be for £250,000, with the remaining balance of payments delivered in a second deposit on the next business day.