WooCommerce and Square
Customise your website to be as unique as your business with Woocommerce. You can integrate Square with your Woocommerce site to see all of your online and in-person sales in one place.
Integrate With WooCommerce
Visit the Apps tab of your online Square Dashboard and click Get Started.
You can also get started from your WooCommerce account:
- Log in to your WooCommerce dashboard.
- Navigate to the Extensions page, and search for Square in the search bar.
- Purchase the Square extension and download the file.
- Once the file has downloaded, go to: WordPress Admin > Plugins > Add New. Select Choose File.
- Upload that zip file you just downloaded (the Square extension).
- Next, go to: WooCommerce > Extensions > Settings > Integration > Square.
- Select Connect with Square, then log in with your Square username and password. Click Allow on the permissions page that comes up next. This is allowing Square and WooCommerce to connect to each other.
- Select That’s my site - redirect me when prompted by the authentication screen.
- Once your account is authenticated, fill out the remainder of the fields in the Authentication tab (such as business location and notification email).
- Finally, be sure to enable Square as your payment option: go to the Payments tab and click Enable.
Get WooCommerce free! Square’s fee for payments processed with your WooCommerce online store is 2.5%.
Reporting and Inventory
With your WooCommerce online store, all of your payments and inventory will automatically sync to your Square Dashboard so you’ll never have to worry about manually updating your Square Dashboard.
Payments processed with WooCommerce will appear within your transaction history on your online Square Dashboard and will be labeled as “WooCommerce” and will include a corresponding order number from WooCommerce. Learn more about viewing and downloading your Square payment history online.
You’ll receive deposits for your WooCommerce orders–just like Square Point of Sale payments–following your deposit schedule.
When an item is sold on your WooCommerce store, your Square Inventory will automatically update. You can set low stock alerts to help you stay up to date with all of your stock levels.
Manage Your WooCommerce Account
WooCommerce features, services, and subscriptions are managed by WooCommerce directly. For additional help, visit their Support Centre.