Download the Square App
The Square Point of Sale app is available on compatible Apple iOS and Android devices.
The quickest way to find and download the Square Point of Sale app is to visit squareup.com/uk/app on your device’s internet browser or visit the Apple App Store or Android Google Play.
Note: The Square Point of Sale app is free, but you may be required to set up billing info with Apple or Google in order to download apps from their stores.
Download the Square App on an iOS Device
- Tap the App Store icon on your iPhone, iPad or iPod.
- Tap the search icon (magnifying glass) in the navigation bar > search for Square Point of Sale.
- Tap Get next to the Square app icon > tap Install > enter your Apple ID password or Touch ID.
- Once downloaded, tap Open or tap the Square icon in your Home Screen to open.
Note: You may be prompted to connect to Wi-fi to download the app.
If you need help with your Apple ID, please contact Apple Support.
Download the Square app on an Android Device
- Tap the Google Play icon on your device.
- Tap the search field or icon (magnifying glass) > search for Square Point of Sale.
- Tap the result Square Point of Sale > Install > follow the onscreen instructions to complete the download.
- Once you have downloaded the app, tap Open or locate the Square icon in your home screen > open the app.
Note: If you need help setting up your Google account, please contact Google Help.
If you’re unable to download the app on your Android device, you may need to update your device software or it might not be supported at this time. Make sure that your device meets the specifications required for compatibility.
To experience the best performance and to access new features from Square, regularly update to the latest version of the Square app.
Learn more about getting started with Square Point of Sale.