CONSENT AND NON-DISCLOSURE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Last Updated: June 14. 2023
These Consent and Non-Disclosure Terms and Conditions (“Terms”) are a legal agreement between you, as a research participant (“You,” “Your”) and Block, Inc. (”Square,” “we,” “our” or “us”) and govern your participation in research and survey activities of Square products and services (“Research”). By agreeing to participate in the Research you agree to these Terms. You should read these Terms carefully.
CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION: The following information shall be treated confidential under this agreement (“Confidential Information”):
(a) Information related to Square’s product plans, products in development, prototypes, beta products, unreleased features of existing products, and associated materials, data, or information (collectively, “Research Data”) provided by Square; (b) comments, feedback, ideas, reports, suggestions, data or other information in relation Research Data discussed and shared during Your participation (“Feedback”); (c) other information that is clearly identified in writing as “confidential”; (d) other information that Square considers confidential and that would, under the circumstances, appear to a reasonable person to be confidential and (e) notes, analyses, compilations, interpretations, feedback, photos, videos, audio clips, other media or documents prepared by You in relation to the Research that contain, reflect, or are based in whole or in part on Confidential Information.
USE OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
You may use Confidential Information provided to You by an authorized representative of Square for Your participation solely in relation to the Research and will not copy, use or discuss with third parties for any other purpose. You will notify Square immediately in writing if You become aware of any misuse or unauthorized disclosure of Confidential Information.
You understand and agree that Your participation in Square’s research is purely voluntary and can withdraw Your participation at any time. Any personal information you share will be used in accordance with our Privacy Notice.
PERMISSION TO RECORD
You permit Square to record voice and/or image during Your participation with prior consent. You agree to not disclose to Square any third-party information that You are otherwise obligated to maintain as confidential.
USE OF FEEDBACK
You agree to permit Square to use any Feedback provided by You without limitation or further obligation of any kind to develop and enhance Square’s current or future products and services.
- Where applicable and upon request by Square, You will delete, destroy, or return any tangible or intangible Confidential Information or material provided by Square in relation to Your participation.
- Your obligations in this agreement are necessary and reasonable in order to protect Square and its business.
- Due to the unique nature of Confidential Information, monetary damages would be inadequate to compensate Square for any breach by You under this agreement. Accordingly, You agree that any breach or threatened breach may cause irreparable injury to Square and, in addition to any other remedies available at law, in equity, or otherwise, Square will be entitled to obtain injunctive relief against Your threatened or continuing breach of this agreement.
- This agreement does not grant You any rights to Square’s intellectual property.
- This agreement is not assignable or transferable by You without the prior written consent of Square.
- This agreement is the parties’ entire agreement on this topic, superseding any prior or contemporaneous agreements. Failure to enforce any of the provisions of this agreement will not constitute a waiver. If any provision of this agreement is held to be unenforceable, all other provisions will remain effective.
- This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of California, excluding its choice of law rules. The exclusive venue for any dispute relating to this agreement shall be San Francisco County, California.