Square Point of Sale app on an iPad is compatible with a wide variety of third-party hardware accessories. Below, you’ll find a list of supported accessories, where to purchase them and information on getting set up. When searching for and purchasing hardware, check the specific part number of a product to ensure compatibility with the Square Point of Sale app.
Receipt Printers with Ethernet Interface
Ethernet receipt printers can be used to print customer receipts, order tickets and order ticket stubs. Ethernet-interface printers are best for stationary use, and aren’t designed to be mobile.
They require heat-sensitive paper and won’t work with non-thermal receipt paper. These types of printers aren’t ideal for kitchens or high-temperature working areas.
- Star Micronics TSP143IIILAN
- Star Micronics TSP654IIE3 *
- Star Micronics TSP654SK **
- Epson TM-m10 (Ethernet interface models)
*Compatible with 80mm/3” receipt paper.
** Supports both 80 mm and 58 mm receipt paper.
Bluetooth Receipt Printers
Bluetooth printers are mobile, and well-suited for businesses that don’t require fast or frequent printing.
- Star Micronics SM-S220i: 58mm/2” receipt paper
- Star Micronics SM-T300i: 80mm/3” receipt paper
- Star Micronics: TSP650II: 80 mm/3” receipt paper
- mPOP PoS Solution: provides cash drawer and printer solution in one.
Impact Kitchen Printer with Ethernet Interface
Impact printers only print order tickets for a kitchen. They’re not affected by heat and can withstand warm environments. They require heat-sensitive paper and won’t work with non-thermal receipt printer paper.
- Star Micronics SP742ML
- Star Micronics SP712ML
A cash drawer must be connected to a receipt printer to open automatically. Otherwise, you’ll need to manually open the drawer using the cash drawer key.
- Star Cash Drawer
- Tysso Flip-Top Cash Drawer
- APG Vasario 1416
- APG Vasario 1616
- APG Series 100
- Heckler Design Windfall Automatic Cash Drawer
- mPOP Cash Drawer and Printer
Bar Code Scanner
You can also connect a compatible third-party printer to the Square Point of Sale app on an iPhone or iPod touch. Visit Supported Hardware for iPhones for a list of compatible hardware.