With Square Appointments for Teams and Individuals, managing your subscription options is easy. You can upgrade your account to Square Appointments for Teams at any time from your Appointments dashboard. If you decide you’d like to just use Appointments for individual use or discontinue your Appointments account entirely, you can do so with just a couple of steps online.
From Individual Use to Appointments for Teams
Once you’ve started with Appointments for Individuals, all you need to start utilizing features for staff management is start creating staff.
To get started:
- Head to your Appointments dashboard.
- Click Add Employee.
- You’ll see a message alerting you of the price increase.
- Click Add Staff Member.
When you first transition to Appointments for Teams, you’ll initiate your free 30-day trial. You will have full access to a suite of staff management features, and your processing rate for card-present transactions will be 2.5% + $0.10.
No payment information will be required, but if you decide to continue managing your staff, you’ll be charged a monthly subscription fee.
Unsubscribe from Appointments for Teams
You can downgrade your account from Square for Teams to individual use at any time.
Downgrade from Teams to Individual Use + Employee Management
Follow these steps if you want to retain your Employee Management subscription after unsubscribing from Appointments.
To get started.
- Log in to to Pricing & Services.
- Click Unsubscribe next to the listing for Appointments.
- Next, you’ll see the option to unsubscribe from Appointments and subscribe to Employee Management for $5/month, per employee.
- Click Confirm Subscriptions > Done.
Downgrade from Teams to Individual Use
To switch back from Appointments for Teams to individual use — just disable your staff and employee profiles. Once your staff profiles are disabled, you will only see your name (the owner) on your staff list. On the next billing cycle, you will not be charged since Appointments for Individuals is free to use.
Your subscription will automatically end, and you will not be charged for the Appointments for Teams features on the next billing cycle.
Disable Appointments for Individual Use
Since there’s no subscription fee for using Appointments for Individuals, there isn’t a way to unsubscribe or remove your information from the Appointments dashboard.
To disable customer reminders:
- From your Appointments dashboard, click Settings.
- Select Communications.
- For both email and text message reminders, set to Do not send reminders.
To disable online booking:
- Head to the Online Booking section of your Appointments dashboard.
- Select Visibility & Display.
- Click Disable Online Booking Site > Disable.
You can continue using the rest of Square’s features without utilizing Appointments.
Read more about Square Appointments subscription options.