Learn tips for troubleshooting the Miura M010 reader and find answers to common questions.
Miura M010 Reader Pairing and Payment Tips
How do I pair my Miura M010 reader with my device?
Learn how to pair your reader.
My device isn’t pairing with the Miura M010 reader. What should I do?
Try the troubleshooting tips below and then retry pairing:
- From your device, turn Bluetooth off and back on.
- Force quit the Square app and reopen it.
- Turn the reader and your device off and back on.
- Make sure you’re using the latest version of the Square app. Older versions won’t support the Miura M010 reader.
- Be sure your reader is in pairing mode. To do so, firmly press and hold the Bluetooth button (top-right corner of the reader) until the Bluetooth icon (located in the top-right corner of the reader display) starts to blink. Then, immediately remove your finger from the Bluetooth button and retry the pairing flow.
- Delete and reinstall the Square app.
If the tips above don’t solve the problem, follow these steps to reset your reader (you’ll need a paperclip):
- Push one end of the paper clip into the small hole next to the reader’s power button.
- Press down and hold the end of the paper clip in place until you see all 4 green LED lights flashing (on the front of the reader) and the reader display restart.
- You’ll see Revive Menu on the reader display > select option 2.
- Press the green check mark on the bottom-right of the reader’s keypad to confirm.
- The reader will take about 2-3 minutes to restart. Keep the app open during this time.
- Then, follow the steps to pair your reader with your iOS or Android device.
Note: If you’re still having trouble, restore your reader to factory settings. Follow steps 1-6 above, but at step 3 select option 3 on the reader’s display, instead of option 2. If you’re still having trouble, you can return your reader or submit a warranty claim.
Can I pair the Miura M010 reader from my device settings instead of from the Square app?
You can pair through your device settings, but it’s faster and easier to connect from the Square app.
Can I use my Miura MO10 with my Android device?
Yes, you can use your Android device as long as it’s operating on 4.63 or higher. Note: Since Android is an open market we can’t guarantee compatibility. You may want to look at a list of devices with known issues.
Can I pair my Miura M010 reader to a different device?
Yes, you’ll need to remove the reader from your list of paired Bluetooth devices, and connect it with your other device. To do so:
- Go to your device settings and tap Bluetooth.
- In the list of paired Bluetooth devices, tap Miura **> “Forget this device**.”
- On the reader, hold down the green check button (on the keypad) for 5 seconds.
- Then connect your reader to a different device.
I updated to iOS 9 and now I’m having issues pairing my reader. Is there a fix?
Yes, you can update to iOS 9.1 to resolve the issues.
How do I take an Apple Pay, Google Pay, or contactless card payment?
Learn how to take a contactless payment with your Miura M010 reader.
Note: Discover contactless cards aren’t currently supported with the Miura M010 reader. You can accept Visa, MasterCard, and Amex contactless cards.
How do I search for an Apple Pay, Google Pay, or contactless payment?
If the contactless payment method isn’t present, you can search by receipt ID. If it is present, follow the steps below:
- From the Square app, visit your payment activity.
- Tap in the search field. The reader display will prompt you to present a card.
- Have the cardholder hold their mobile device or contactless card over the reader display to locate the payment.
Miura M010 Reader Battery and Settings Tips
How long will the battery last on my Miura M010 reader?
Battery life varies with use. Learn more about maximizing the battery life of your reader.
How do I know if the reader needs to be charged?
At the top-right corner of the reader display, the battery indicator will show a low battery level and the green light in the top-left of the reader will turn red.
Does the Miura M010 reader need to be plugged in with the USB cable at all times to communicate with the Square app?
Nope. The reader communicates with your device via Bluetooth, so it doesn’t need to be connected via USB to work. The accompanying USB cable is for charging your reader only.
Why does my reader seem to disconnect when I turn on Airplane Mode?
Airplane Mode disables Bluetooth on your device. If Bluetooth is off, your reader will seem like it’s disconnected. If you’d like to use Offline Mode to accept magstripe payment cards, and keep your Bluetooth connection, disable Wi-Fi only.