When I Work and Square
Connect your Square Account with When I Work
To use this integration, make sure you have:
- An active When I Work account with Attendance enabled.
- A Square account with Employee Management and Timecards enabled, or a subscription to Square Payroll.
Note: If you are subscribed to Square Payroll, you will not be required to enable any employee roles or permissions. These are paid features with Employee Management, but included with Square Payroll. You will only need to add employees to your Employee List from your online Square Dashboard.
To connect your account with When I Work:
- Visit Apps in your online Square Dashboard and click Get Started next to When I Work.
- Sign in to your When I Work account > click App Settings > Integrations.
- Click Connect. You’ll then be prompted to sign in to your Square account. Note: Be sure to enter the email address and password for your master Square account.
- Choose which items you’d like to sync. Note: Make sure your existing Locations, Employees and Permission Groups/Positions have the same name and spelling in both Square and When I Work before syncing.
- Click Save.
Tips for Syncing Accounts
|Syncing||Data between your Square and When I Work account is synced based on names, so make sure you confirm spellings before setting up this integration. Once the first sync takes place, future syncs will occur automatically, but you can manually sync from When I Work at any time.|
|Locations||New locations will only sync from Square to When I Work, so make sure to set up locations in your Square account first.|
|Permission Groups||If you’re subscribed to Employee Management, Permission Groups in your Square account align with Positions in When I Work. If multiple Positions will be used per employee, these items shouldn’t be synced. Employees synced from When I Work can only be assigned to one Permission Group in Square. Note: This does not apply to accounts subscribed to Square Payroll.|
|Employees||Most employee data from Square will sync with When I Work, but Square employee IDs and phone numbers will not sync. If an employee doesn’t yet exist in Square, you can enter their information into When I Work to save any additional information to that account. Employee data from When I Work can also be pushed to Square. An employee pushed to Square will remain inactive until an employee ID is entered.|
|Timesheets||Timesheets will sync between Square and When I Work for completed shifts when an employee clocks out on the same system they used to clock in.|
Pricing and Billing
While your billing information for When I Work is managed through your Square account, When I Work features, services, and pricing are managed by When I Work directly.
Learn more about When I Work’s pricing on their website.