Using Square Cash for your business is the easiest, fastest way to get paid. With Cash for Business you can accept payments using the Cash app, email, with $Cashtags, or online at Cash.me. There’s no limit to the dollar amount you can accept with Cash for Business.
Get a Business Account
Getting a business account is easy. To get started, make sure you’re using the latest version of the Cash app, then follow these steps:
- Open the app > enter your mobile phone number or email address > tap Next. You’ll receive a confirmation code via text message or email.
- Enter the code in the app > tap Next. If you don’t receive a code via text, tap Help in the lower-left for next steps.
- Select your primary use for Cash:
- **Business **– to accept payment for goods or services.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish signup and make sure to link your bank account so you can send and receive money.
Multiple Cash Accounts
You can create different Cash accounts for personal and business use. Each account must be associated with a unique email address or mobile phone number, but you can link the same credit or debit card to multiple accounts.
To switch between accounts on the same device, sign out of the app from your in-app settings and sign into the alternate account.
Note: If you have multiple Cash accounts, it’s a good idea to check which account is logged in before sending or requesting money. To view your account information, visit your app settings.
Link a Debit Card or Bank Account to Cash for Business
To link a debit card:
- Open the Cash app and tap the icon in the top-left corner.
- Tap Add Your Bank > Debit Card.
- Enter your debit card information > tap Add Bank.
Not all businesses have a company debit card – we understand, so when you sign up to use Cash for your business you also have the option to link your bank account using your account and routing number. Here’s how:
- From the app, tap the account icon in the top-left corner.
- Tap Add Bank > No Card?.
- Enter your 9 digit Routing Number, then your account number.
- Confirm your account number > tap Add Bank.
Refund with Cash for Business
With a business account, refunds can be issued directly from the Square Cash app.
To issue a refund:
- Open the app and tap the icon in the top-right.
- Select the customer you’d like to refund, and then select the payment.
- Tap Refund > Confirm.
The full refund amount is always returned to your customer and the fees are covered by Square. Your customer will see the funds returned to their payment card within 5 business days.
Note: If you’re using Square Cash to exchange money with friends and family, you can reimburse a payment by sending back the same amount initially received.