If you entered in year-to-date (YTD) gross pay for one or more of your employees when signing up for Square Payroll, we need additional information to file your tax returns and W-2s correctly.
The following report will provide us with the information needed to transfer your tax records over from Paychex, ensuring accurate W-2s, as well as quarterly and annual tax forms:
- Employee Earnings Record
Download Payroll Reports from Paychex
Employee Earnings Record
Note: If you are using a different Paychex service, these steps might be slightly different.
- Sign in to your Paychex Flex account.
- On the far left select, the drop down menu > Analytics & Reports.
- Under the title Quick Reports select All Reports.
- In the search box, type in Employee Earnings Record.
- Select Create Report.
- Under the title ’Date Range’ select Current Calendar Year.
- On the same window, be sure to select Show Each Earning.
- When all of the correct fields have been selected, select Run Report in the top right hand corner.
- Upload the report to Square Payroll.
Note: It’s important that this report contains all payroll for the given year processed through Paychex. This information is needed to ensure Square Payroll accurately makes tax payments and filings on your behalf.