Pay From the Cash App
- Enter at least $1 and tap Pay or Request.
- Add the name, $Cashtag, or mobile phone number of your recipient(s).
- Enter an optional note, such as “dinner at Dosa” or “Kitchen remodel” in the For: field.
- Tap Pay or Request in the top-right corner.
- Your recipient(s) will receive an email or SMS notification letting them know you’ve sent cash!
Keep in mind, if you have an existing Cash balance that is larger than your payment amount, the funds will be taken from your Cash app before we debit your associated account.
Pay with iMessage
To send money using iMessage, you’ll need an iPhone running the latest operating system.
To send a Cash payment with iMessage:
- Open iMessage.
- Tap the Apps icon above the keyboard.
- Select an amount to send > tap Pay.
- Choose whether or not to add gift wrap to your cash (this keeps the amount a surprise until the recipient opens it).
- Select the card you’d like to send cash from > add a comment and send your cash.
Note: When you select your payment instrument (bank, credit or debit card) your account will be charged.
Pay with Siri
To send money with Siri, you’ll need an iPhone running the latest operating system.
To get started, you’ll have to enable Cash with Siri:
- Visit Settings on your iPhone.
- Select Siri > App Support > toggle on Cash.
Once you’ve toggled Cash on, you’ll be able to send a Cash payment to anyone in your contacts list.
Pay Online from Cash.me
To pay online, you’ll need to have the direct Cash.me URL of your recipient. For example, Cash.me/$cashtag. When you arrive at your recipient’s page, follow the steps below.
If you already have a Square Cash account:
- Click Sign In at the bottom-right corner.
- Click New at the bottom-left of the page and enter your payment amount (minimum $1).
- Enter the recipient’s information and select either Request or Pay.
- If you choose Pay and have a passcode enabled, you’ll be prompted to enter it.
If you don’t have a Square Cash account yet:
- Enter your debit card information and tap Pay.
- Follow the prompts and enter the requested information to complete your payment.
Note: To clear the amount, force touch your watch face (press firmly on the face of your watch) > tap Clear Amount.
Any money sent from the watch will be viewable from your in-app activity on your iPhone.
Square Cash Sending Limits
When you send more than $250 in one week, we’ll automatically ask you to verify your name, date of birth, and the last 4 digits of your SSN to increase the sending limit to $2,500 (in most states).
**If you’re sending a payment to a business using a designated Cash for Business account, the amount will not count toward your weekly limit. **
Note: There currently isn’t an option to change the sending or receiving limit to a higher dollar amount.
Receive Money with Square Cash
When you receive your first Square Cash payment, you’ll be asked to link a bank account or debit card so we can deposit your money to your account or your can spend those funds right from your Cash Card. Learn more about cards supported with Square Cash.
Add money to your app to for use later:
- Tap Cash Card.
- Tap Add Cash.
- Enter the desired dollar amount and tap Add.
Once you’ve added funds to your app, you can cash them out to your bank account or use those funds on your Cash Card.
Cash out money in your app to your linked bank account:
- Tap the dollar amount at the top of the screen.
- Tap Cash Out > when asked to confirm, tap Cash Out again.
If you want to keep some funds in your Cash app, you can Cash out a custom amount:
- Tap the icon in the upper-left corner of the home screen.
- Scroll to Funds and tap Cash.
- Tap Cash Out and select Cash Out Custom Amount.
- Enter the amount you’d like to cash out and tap Cash Out at the bottom of your screen.
Square Cash Receiving Limits
When you receive more than $1000 in 30 days, we’ll ask you to verify your name, date of birth, and last 4 digits of your SSN to increase the receiving limit to amounts over $1000 per 30 days (in most states).
If we verify your account, there’s no limit to the amount you can receive.
Note: There’s no limit to the amount you can accept if you’re using Cash for Business.