Easily expand your business with a beautiful online store powered by BigCommerce. Connect your Square account to accept online payments in different currencies, and ship orders domestically and internationally.
|Seller Community: Ask questions, get answers, and see how other sellers are connecting to e-commerce partners.|
Get Started With BigCommerce
Visit the Apps page of your online Square Dashboard and click Get Started. If you’re new to Bigcommerce, you’ll receive a 15-day free trial.
To get started from your BigCommerce account:
- Log in to your BigCommerce dashboard.
- On the left side of your screen, you’ll see a menu. Click on Store Setup (about ¾ of the way down), then select Payments.
- You should see Square as a recommended option at the top of the page. If so - great! Click on Get Started and go to Step 6.
- If not: On the main screen, click the box that says Other Online Payments. Scroll down until you find Square. Click Set Up.
- On the next page, select Connect Square Account.
- Log in with your Square username and password. Click Allow on the permissions page that comes up next. This is allowing Square and BigCommerce to connect to each other.
- BigCommerce may also prompt you to import or sync your Square items and inventory, which could be helpful.
Learn more about Bigcommerce subscription plans and how to get started.
Note: You can configure your BigCommerce online store to sell in multiple currencies, and you can set up shipping zones to send orders internationally. Visit BigCommerce Support to learn more about managing currencies and setting up shipping zones.
Square’s fee for payments processed with your BigCommerce online store is 2.9% + $0.30.
Payments and Reporting
Payments processed with BigCommerce will appear within your transaction history on your online Square Dashboard and will be included in your Transaction CSV.
To manage your orders and issue refunds, access your BigCommerce account.
When your customers place an order from your BigCommerce store, they’ll receive an email confirmation from BigCommerce. Square receipts will not be automatically generated for your customers, but you’re able to issue a Square receipt at any time from your online Square Dashboard.
You’ll receive deposits for your BigCommerce orders–just like Square Point of Sale payments–following your deposit schedule.
Note: BigCommerce integrates with Square Inventory.
Once you’ve set up your Square Point of Sale and BigCommerce you can utilize automatic two-way syncing to keep accurate inventory count. Allowing any order-based stock level adjustments to display in both your Square and BigCommerce accounts in real time.
Note: While manually updating stock levels in BigCommerce will automatically transfer into your Square account, any manual updates in your Square account will NOT automatically transfer in your BigCommerce account.
To get started syncing your inventory, visit the BigCommerce Support Center.