If you are switching payroll services midyear, Square Payroll requires your employee’s year-to-date (YTD) gross pay. This information is required to ensure accurate tax withholding and reporting for employees added to Square Payroll (current or past).
We recommend that you have this information on hand during Square Payroll sign up.
If you’re moving from ADP RUN Payroll, Intuit, or Paychex to Square, review the steps below to locate your employees’ year-to-date gross pay.
RUN Payroll Powered by ADP
- Sign in to RUN Payroll.
- Hover over Reports in the top-center of the page.
- Under Payroll, select Earnings Record.
- In the top-left, set the year to the current year.
- In the “Check dates from:” field, select the date of this year’s first payroll.
- In the “to:” field, select the date of the last payroll completed.
- Select All in the Employee field, and click Refresh.
- Find each employees’ year-to-date gross pay (column: Gross, row: Employee Totals). Employees are listed in alphabetical order by last name.
If you have further questions about locating this information in your RUN Payroll account, visit ADP Support.
- Sign in to your Intuit Payroll account online.
- Click Reports.
- Under Employee Reports, select Payroll Summary.
- For the date range, select This Year.
- Click Update Report.
- Each employees’ year-to-date gross pay is listed under the column Total Pay.
- To view this information in a spreadsheet and to save it for your records, click “View in Excel.” An Excel spreadsheet will download to your computer.
For additional details on navigating your Intuit Payroll account, contact Intuit Support.
- Sign in to your Paychex Payroll account.
- Click Get Employee Earnings Record at the top of the page.
- From here, scroll to the right side of the Reports page and locate Custom Options.
- Under Custom Options, find Select Employee(s):, and click All Employees.
- Beneath Choose Dates, select Current Calendar Year.
- Under Report Totals, click “Employee and Company” and then click Show Summed Amounts.
- Run the report.
- Locate Employee Earnings Record Report Results near the bottom of the page, and click PDF to the right of your most current report.
- Find each employees’ year-to-date gross pay.
For more information, visit Paychex Support.
- Login to your Gusto payroll account.
- Click Reports on the left hand side of the page.
- Click Payroll Journal under Reports on the bottom of the page.
- Select Advanced to customize the report.
- Make sure the report group is by Employee and all checkboxes are checked.
- Click Generate.
- Once the report is loaded, click Download PDF.
For more information, visit Gusto Support.