Whether splitting a dinner bill with friends or paying your landlord for the month’s rent, Cash App is the easiest way to send money. Cash is available for both personal and business use.
If you’d like to use Cash for both business and personal use, we recommend creating two accounts and logging out between payments.
Cash App Fees
|Business Payments||2.75% (paid by recipient)|
|Personal payments sent from a credit card||3% (paid by sender)|
|Instant Deposit||Between 1% and 1.5%|
Download the Cash App and Sign Up
The Cash App app is compatible with iPhones running the latest iOS version and Android devices running the latest operating system. To get started, download the Cash app on your mobile device. To do so:
- Visit the iTunes App Store or Google Play.
- Search for Cash App.
- Download the app.
Then, create an account:
- Open the app > enter your mobile phone number or email address > tap Next. You’ll receive a confirmation code via text message or email.
- Enter the code in the app > tap Next. If you don’t receive a code via text, tap Help in the lower-left for next steps.
- Select your primary use for Cash:
- Personal – to exchange money with friends and family only.
- Business – to accept payment for goods or services.
- Follow the on-screen prompts to finish signup and make sure to link your bank account so you can send and receive money.
Cash App for Personal Use
If you’ll primarily use Cash App to exchange money with friends and family, select Personal Use when creating a new account.
With Cash for personal use, there’s no fee to send, request, or receive money. Learn more about our deposit timeline and sending and receiving limits.
Note: There is a 3% fee when personal payments are sent from a credit card. There is no fee to send a credit card payment to a merchant using Cash for Business.
Does Cash App Work Internationally?
Cash App is available to residents of all 50 United States. Residents must be 18 years or older and located within the U.S. to use Cash.
Currently, Cash isn’t available in U.S. territories such as Puerto Rico, Guam, the U.S. Virgin Islands, American Samoa, and Northern Mariana Islands or outside the U.S., so you won’t be able to use Cash while traveling internationally, living abroad, or residing on overseas military bases.
With Cash App, you’re in complete control of where your incoming payments get deposited. There are two options:
- Auto Cash Outs turned Off: If you would like to keep funds from your incoming payments in your Cash app for future use.
- Auto Cash Outs turned On: To deposit funds directly to your linked bank account every time someone sends you a payment, select this option and choose your preferred deposit speed.