Square protects both you and your data. Information submitted by our customers is encrypted and sent to our servers securely, regardless of whether you’re using a public or private Wi-Fi connection or data service (3G, 4G, or EDGE).
Square Cash uses the same fraud detection infrastructure and safety standards that monitor millions of daily Square Register transactions.
Cash is also compliant with PCI Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS) Level 1. Learn more about security at Square.
Security Best Practices with Cash
- It’s a good idea to enable the Security Lock setting to require your passcode to authorize every Cash payment.
- If you sign in to the Square Cash app on a device other than your personal device, make sure to sign out.
- Only reply to emails from people and organizations that you know and trust. Note: Cash emails will always come from ”@square.com”. If any email includes links to websites other than square.com or squareup.com, it wasn’t sent by Square.
- Consider creating a passcode for your mobile device. To do so, check your device’s general settings. Because all devices vary, you may need to check your device manual for more information.
- If your email provider supports two-factor authentication, we recommend using it.
Square Cash Payment Verification
You can elect to receive a text message or email after every successful Cash payment. To do so, adjust your settings in the Cash app.