If you’re having trouble sending or receiving payments, you’ve come to the right place! In this article you’ll find answers to the most common questions our customers have about using the Cash app.
Can’t Find Your Deposit?
If you can’t find a recent Square Cash deposit on your bank statement, the first place to check is the Cash app. When you open the app, the dollar amount at the top of the screen is money stored in the app.
To deposit the funds from your Cash app to your linked bank account:
- Tap the dollar amount at the top of the home screen.
- Tap Cash Out > choose your preferred deposit speed (Next Day or Instant).
- Use your Passcode or Touch ID to confirm.
Note: There is a 1% fee associated with Instant Deposits.
Learn more about Cash deposits.
Deposit Sent to Closed Bank Account or Canceled Debit Card
When a payment is sent to a closed bank account or canceled debit card, several things could happen:
- If the debit card has been reissued, and the numbers have changed, but the bank account is still active, the funds may be routed to the correct account.
- The bank may issue a check for the payment amount and send it to the address on file.
- The bank may hold on to the funds until you contact them.
- The bank may bounce funds back to us.
If your debit card was canceled, be sure to link your new debit card to Cash. If the funds haven’t posted after 5 business days, please contact us directly.
Note: If your bank account is closed or your debit card has been canceled, disable Auto Cash Outs to continue accepting payments. With Auto Cash Outs disabled, new payments will be kept in your Cash app until you can update your debit card or bank account.
Cash Accidentally Sent to the Wrong Address
If you accidentally send Cash to the wrong person, you can either cancel it or request the same amount back. Cash payments can be canceled – but only if the recipient hasn’t set up a Cash account yet. Learn more about canceling payments.
Expired Square Cash Payments
If you sent a payment
If you don’t link a valid debit card within two days of attempting to send money, the attempt will automatically expire.
If you’re waiting to receive a payment
You have 14 days after a payment has been sent to link your bank account or disable Auto Cash Outs to receive the money. After 14 days, unclaimed funds will be returned to the original sender’s bank account. It takes 1-2 business days for returned funds to post to the sender’s bank account.
Confirm a Square Cash Payment
For security purposes, Square reviews all Square Cash payments. In some instances, we might ask for confirmation that you sent money to ensure a safe and secure experience for all of our customers.
If you’re asked to confirm a payment, you’ll need to do so before the payment can be completed.
Refund a Square Cash Payment
If it’s possible to refund a payment, you’ll see the option when you tap on the payment in your in-app Activity. If it isn’t possible to refund a payment, you won’t see the option at all. Instead of issuing a refund, you can create a new payment to send or request money and accomplish the same thing.
Businesses using Cash can issue refunds from the app.
Merge Two Square Cash Accounts
If you’ve accidentally created more than one Square Cash account, you can merge them. To consolidate your accounts, log into your Square Cash account and add the phone number or email address associated with the other:
- Open the Cash app and tap the icon in the upper-left corner.
- Tap Account Info – this is where you can manage the phone numbers and email addresses associated with your account.
- Tap any email address or phone number you wish to remove > Add Phone or Email to add and confirm a new alias
Dispute Square Cash Charges
As a cardholder, you have the right to dispute any unauthorized charges made on your payment card.