Create and edit items and categories with the Square app on an iPad, iPhone, or iPod touch.
Learn more about managing items from any supported smartphone or tablet, and from your online dashboard.
Create Items on an iOS Device
- From your in-app menu, tap Register > tap the list icon in the navigation bar to see your item library.
- Tap Edit > + icon > Create Item. If you have a bar code scanner connected to the Square app on your iPad, scan an item's bar code to pre-populate the SKU.
- Enter the item details including applicable modifiers and taxes.To determine an item's price at checkout, leave the price field blank.
- If an item has multiple variations or price points, tap "Add New Price, Size or SKU," or tap the gray arrow in the price field on an iPhone/iPod touch.
- Tap Save.
Edit and Delete Items on an iOS Device
- Tap the list icon in the bottom navigation bar to see your item library.
- Tap the item you'd like to edit or delete.
- Make your edits > tap Save, or tap Delete Item > Confirm Delete. Note: On an iPad, scroll down to see the delete option.
Set Up Your Items Grid on an iPad
Add your top-selling items, most used discounts, gift card items, or categories to your iPad's items grid for quick access. To get started:
- From your in-app menu, tap Register > tap the number icon in the bottom navigation bar.
- Tap any + icon on the grid > add an item, category, or discount to the page.
- Tap Done Editing to save.
Note: When you're in Item Setup, press and hold the number icon in the bottom-left corner to edit the page label.
Manage Categories on an iPad
Organize your items into categories for an easy checkout experience.
Note: Category creation and management aren't available for the Square app on an iPhone or iPod touch.
Create and Edit Categories
- From your in-app menu, tap Register > tap the list icon on the navigation bar to see your item library.
- Tap Edit > the + icon > Edit Categories.
- To create a new category, tap New Category > enter a name. To edit a category, tap the name > make your changes. To delete a category, tap the red icon > Delete.
- Tap Save.
Move Items to Categories
- From your in-app item library, tap a category.
- Tap Edit > the + icon > Move Items to this Category.
- Tap the items you'd like to move > Done.