Square’s Payment Processing Fees
|Seller Community: “We use it in our business and have for about 5 years, and love it, no problems with deposits, and we’ve processed over 2 million dollars in credit cards with Square. The POS is always improving.” -VanKalkerFarms|
Square’s Fees by Payment Type
Here are the payment types you can accept with Square and the associated fees:
Your fee will be 2.75% of the total transaction amount for any of the following payment types:
- Swiped Magstripe Cards
- Swiped or Inserted Chip Cards
- Contactless (NFC) Payments
- Prepaid Gift Cards
- Point-of-Sale API Swiped or Inserted Payments
Your fee will be 3.5% + 15¢ of the total transaction amount for any of the following payment types:
- Card on File Transactions
- Keyed-In Cards
- Point-of-Sale API Keyed-In Payments
- Virtual Terminal Payments
|Seller Community: Ask question, get answers, and read more about manually entered payment fees.|
Your fee will be 2.9% + 30¢ of the total transaction amount for any of the following payment types:
You won’t pay any fees for the following payment type:
The higher fee for manually entered transactions is because there is greater risk involved with these payments, as neither the payment card nor the buyer have to be present for the payment to occur.
Need-to-Know Facts About Square’s Payment Processing Fees
No hidden fees! There are no fees for:
- Credit card fees are included in Square’s fees, so there are no charges from credit card companies.
- Every card brand accepted has the same rate.
- Payment processing fees are taken out of the total amount of each transaction, including tax and tip.
- Square’s fees apply to all business types, including non-profit organizations.
Note: Do your annual sales exceed $250,000? Get in touch with our sales team. We can help find the right transaction rate for you. Contact Sales.
View Your Fees
View your current rates at any time from your online Square Dashboard. To view the fees taken out of each deposit:
- Log in to Deposits in your online Square Dashboard.
- Select a date range from the date selector tool in the upper-left corner.
- Select a deposit from the list for an overview of the total fees paid.
- To view fees associated with each transaction in your selected deposit date range, click Export directly under the date range button.