Note: If you’d like to create a variable discount so you can enter the amount at checkout, leave the discount field blank.
Create and Manage Discounts with the Square App
- Tap the three horizontal lines at the top-left corner and tap Items.
- Tap Discounts > Create Discount or select a discount to modify.
- Enter the discount details and tap Save.
Create and Manage Promo Codes for the Online Store
To create a promo code – a discount for online purchases – for your customers to add to their online orders:
- Visit Discounts in your online Square Dashboard.
- Click Create Discount to add a new discount or select an existing one to update.
- Toggle on “Make this discount available in your online store” to allow customers to apply a promo code to their order.
- Enter the promo code details and click Save.
It’s important to note that discounts can’t be applied to individual items at this time.
Promo Codes with Multiple Location Management
Follow these steps to create promo codes is you use Square’s multiple location management features:
- Go to Items in your online Square Dashboard and click an item in your library.
- Under Inventory, choose a location and click Go.
Then follow steps 1-4 from the section above to complete your updates.