Learn how to edit your personal account details and business information.
Edit Your Account Settings
Visit Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard to update your name, password, preferred dashboard language, 2-step verification settings, and email address.
Update Your Email Address
When you change the email associated with your Square account, we’ll send a verification code to the email address you used to create the account. The verification process is a security step to make sure the account holder requested the change.
After entering your preferred email from Account & Settings, follow these steps:
- Check the email inbox of the old email address for a message from Square.
- Open the email and locate the code.
- Enter the code in your Dashboard and confirm the action.
If you don’t see the verification email, check your spam folder or email filters.
Note: Your email address is used to log in to your Square Dashboard and the Square app on your mobile device.
Edit Your Business Name
- Go to Account & Settings in your online Dashboard.
- Click Business Information on the left side of the page.
- Update your information and click Save.
Note: Your business name appears on your customers’ receipts and credit card statements.
If you have multiple locations, you’ll need to edit settings, including the business name for each location, separately from Locations.