Learn how to edit your personal account details and business information.
Edit Your Account Settings
Visit Account & Settings in your online Square Dashboard to update your name, password, preferred dashboard language, 2-step verification settings, and email address.
Update Your Email Address
When you change the email associated with your Square account, we’ll send a verification code to the email address you used to create the account. The verification process is a security step to make sure the account holder requested the change.
After entering your preferred email from Account & Settings, follow these steps:
- Check the email inbox of the old email address for a message from Square.
- Open the email and locate the code.
- Enter the code in your Dashboard and confirm the action.
If you don’t see the verification email, check your spam folder or email filters.
Note: Your email address is used to log in to your Square Dashboard and the Square app on your mobile device.
Edit Your Business Name
- Go to Account & Settings in your online Dashboard.
- Click Business Information on the left side of the page.
- Update your information and click Save.
Note: Your business name appears on your customers’ receipts and credit card statements.
If you have multiple locations, you’ll need to edit settings for each business separately.