Payments accepted with Square are sent directly to your linked bank account based on Square’s deposit schedule. If you can’t find a deposit, review the information below to make sure you’ve ruled out common issues:
Review your deposit schedule
- Check Square’s deposit schedule cut-off times. If payments were accepted after midnight or your customised close of day, those payments will be sent in your next deposit.
- Deposits aren’t sent at weekends. Payments accepted on Saturday or Sunday are sent to your linked bank account by 16:00 on Monday.
- Most banks are closed at weekends and on bank holidays, so deposits sent by Square are usually delayed during these times.
Check your payments
- Make sure the payments you’re expecting have completed.
- Make sure all payments were processed as card payments and not recorded as cash, cheque or other tender. Money isn’t actually processed through Square with the cash, cheque and other tender options.
- If you have multiple Square accounts or locations, make sure your device was signed into the Square account or location associated with the linked bank account. The ability to transfer funds between Square accounts or locations is not available. You can opt to transfer funds outside of Square or issue a refund and sign into the correct Square account or location to process the payment again. You’ll need the original payment card or details from your customer.
Check your bank account
- Check that your bank account is verified. If you take payments before linking your bank account, money will remain in your account balance until your bank is verified.
- Check if a deposit is pending. Pending deposits will complete and should arrive on the next working day.
- Make sure your Square account isn’t linked to a closed bank account. If the deposits are sent to a closed bank account, please contact our Customer Success team.
If you are still having trouble locating your deposits, check your email to see if you’ve been contacted by Square. If you have, reply to that email. You’ll also want to double-check your spam folder as some email filters may automatically filter out Square’s emails.